Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Safety Manager in the Central Michigan area! Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Safety Manager will be responsible for loss control prevention, reporting, investigation and follow-up relative to vehicle accidents, associate injuries, property damage, good catch incidents and customer complaints/incidents involving Great Lakes supplied products. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to and assures compliance with the Code of Conduct/Handbook, policies and procedures and all applicable rules, regulations and standards promulgated by Federal, State and other applicable agencies or regulating bodies.
- Leads within the Airgas culture - putting safety first. Implementing and maintaining the directives of Airgas' safety policies and procedures.
- Provides training or schedules training by others to satisfy requirements. Assures that safety meeting attendance and subject matter are properly documented in accordance with Airgas procedures and federal agencies. (DOT, OSHA, CGMP, FDA).
- Maintain Department of Transportation records for all Great Lakes Drivers. Monitoring all required documentation required for drivers to operate commercial motor vehicles.
- Incident management - total involvement from start to finish assuring accurate reporting and documentation, utilizing root cause analysis to determine true incident causation to formulating corrective and preventive actions to avoid reoccurrence.
- Assists in the development, evaluation and upgrading of safety programs
- Assist and maintain environmental reports including Storm Water and Air Monitoring permits
- Advises VP of Safety of compliance concerns and preventative actions.
- Maintains safety files and records.
- Performs facility safety inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective/preventive measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Formulates general safety policies and procedures to be followed by company or plant personnel in compliance with local, state and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules.
- Makes suggestions for corrective actions for deficiencies found as a result of facility reviews/audits, along with specific projection dates for approved necessary corrections utilizing project trackers.
- Prefer experience in OSHA, DOT and EPA regulatory requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Environmental Health and Safety or related degree field required. In lieu of degree, 4 years of experience in a related field will be considered.
- CSP (Certified Safety Professional) certification preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience working within a distribution or manufacturing environment. Prefer prior technical experience with compressed gases
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Moderate knowledge of Intelex Software System preferred.
- Strong understanding of Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation Regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Communication skills that ensure a smooth flow of information between self and others through clear speaking and writing, encouragement of open expression of ideas, and effective listening.
- Demonstrated knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter; self-motivated; well organized; ability to work independently and in a multi-team environment with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and be detailed-oriented with good organizational skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write routine business reports and correspondence and effectively present information and respond to questions from associates, managers, customers and the general public.
- Possess conceptual understanding of industrial gas products, production, distribution applications and equipment.
- Team player with positive attitude; strong collaborative skills; ability to influence without having direct authority.
- 75% travel (daily), minimal overnights
- Work space is one that contains moving mechanical parts and risk of electric shock.
- Requires both indoor & outdoor environments in various seasonal weather conditions. Must be able to work in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability .
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.