Are you ready to lead a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Move your Career forward with Airgas, an Air Liquide company as our Safety Manager in the Metro NY/NJ area !
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel.
As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations. GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Safety Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating the area's loss control initiatives. The Safety Manager coordinates training for regulatory safety & compliance, claims management, auditing for compliance with standard operating procedures. The expected results are development of a team that is compliant with the requirements of the regulatory agency(s) in areas where Airgas operates in order to reduce the financial exposure of the employees and shareholders of the company further supporting business growth in a safe and compliant manner. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Champions and promotes a strong safety and compliance culture implementing programs to ensure associate safety and company regulatory compliance.
- Manages, delivers, conducts training and performs audits on Airgas various standard operating procedures (SOP) including the Safety Manual, Medical Gas Manual and other pertinent corporate compliance manuals and initiatives. May receive direction on tasks from supervisor or other managers.
- Represents the company on regulatory issues with government entities.
- Provides leadership and guidance on Airgas's incident review committee.
- Provides analysis of significant risk data to management by evaluating the effectiveness of initiatives through safety assessment by compiling and interpreting data to identify gaps.
- Develops and implements action plans as necessary to mitigate risks.
- Conducts incident investigations in conjunction with Branch and / or Plant Management to partner with insurance carriers to manage claims.
- Participates in activities designed to empower employees to lead safety efforts within the organization.
- Participates in a leadership capacity on the AERO (the Airgas Emergency Response Operations) Team.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in a related degree field required. In lieu of degree, consideration for up to 4 years of additional related experience may be accepted.
- CSP (Certified Safety Professional) certification preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of related safety experience within a production and distribution environment.
- Must have excellent organizational, written and oral communication, listening and presentation skills including the ability to effectively present and discuss technical information and respond to questions from employees, government agency representatives, and customers.
- Computer literate with Intermediate knowledge of MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
- Ability to define and solve problems dealing with a variety of both abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply basic algebra and geometry.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Employee will regularly be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Employee will regularly be required to transverse through office and/or manufacturing locations.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information.
- Employee will be required to observe and assess information.
- Requires use of computer, telephone and operation of a motor vehicle.
- Regularly move and/or transport up to 60 pounds and move up to 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Frequent regional travel (up to 60% of work time).
- Minimal overnight travel.
- Must have reliable transportation, current driver's license, minimum liability insurance as required by state of vehicle registration.
- Job requires visitation of to various Airgas and customer sites, which have varying environments/conditions, layouts, and accessibility.
NOTE: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility nor does it imply an employment agreement. Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more...!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability .
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.