Air Liquide America L.P., an Airgas Company, is one of the nation's leading single-source suppliers of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Air Liquide America L.P. has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 employees working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you.
We have a Safety Sales Specialist position available based out of our Anchorage, AK branch.
The Safety Sales Specialist will be primarily responsible for increasing profitable sales of safety equipment within an assigned geographic territory through his/her own efforts and in coordination with other sales representatives, and act as a safety sales resource for others within the company.
• Represents company safety product line to prospects and existing local and national customers.
• Explains products to customers matching customers' needs with the appropriate products.
• Quotes prices and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
• Estimates delivery date to customer based on knowledge of production and delivery schedules.
• Demonstrates products and services and explains features of each product and service.
• Emphasizes benefits of Airgas products and services to potential customers.
• Increases sales and margin profit through penetration to assigned accounts and by closing new accounts.
• Acts as a resource for other sales representatives in developing and maintaining safety product sales within their customer base by assisting them with customer sales calls and providing product and industry training, making appropriate recommendations and presentations.
• Answers customer inquiries and satisfactorily resolves customer complaints.
• Reports any problems or required maintenance on any installed piece of equipment to supervisor.
• Prepares required reports and keeps expense accounts.
• Keeps current with industry technical knowledge.
• Overnight travel about 25% of the time.
• Maintain a professional presence and demeanor that is reflective of a corporate image.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or at least 3 years related experience and/or training.
• 3 years of business-to-business sales experience.
• Industry experience preferred and related product knowledge is essential.
• Negotiating and selling skills required with a proven record of achieving or exceeding assigned sales goals.
• Computer proficiency and intermediate knowledge of in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Prior experience with Computers Unlimited (CU) a definite plus.
• Valid driver's license and reliable personal vehicle with insurance coverage as required by company.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.