Location: Holland, Michigan
Posted: December 01, 2016
Reference ID: 2028199450
A Safety Specialist job in Holland, MI is available courtesy of Adecco Engineering and Technology. In this position you will focus on improving safety and health at the Holland facility by using your experience to anticipate, recognize, evaluate and control hazards in the workplace and engage employees in the development of a strong culture of safety. You will also evaluate workplace compliance with regard to state and federal occupational health and safety codes and standards. Functions as an expert resource to teams for consistent implementation of company safety standards and programs. A Bachelors Degree in Occupational Safety or related field is required.
Safety Specialist job responsibilities include:
• Ensure plant-wide compliance with all state/local occupational safety and health regulations and standards
• Ensure timely communication of safety issues/concerns to plant operations staff and senior management
• Ensure effective hazard identification and mitigation for plant operations and administrative offices
• Conduct daily line walks to ensure safe practices are being observed and to note any at-risk behaviors, unsafe conditions, faulty equipment or non-compliance with any safety related policies/regulations
• Bachelors Degree in Occupational Safety or a related field
• 0 - 8 years of experience evaluating and improving safety and health programs in a manufacturing environment; knowledge in advanced manufacturing technology, chemicals and electrical safety a plus
• Strong knowledge of and experience working with OSHA and state/local regulations and requirements
• Skill in analyzing and evaluating technical data, test results and reports
If you are interested in this Safety Specialist job in Holland, MI then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technology go to www.adeccousa.com. If you have questions about the position please contact Andrea Gomez at email@example.com or 616-432-6759.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled