Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Develops, implements, and coordinates the Safety program for the market area.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Develops, implements, and coordinates safety program for the market area, and monitors work processes, procedures and expenses to drive team performance toward departmental and organizational goals.
• Serves as the staff safety manager for MAGM.
• Develops market area operational safety plan.
• Develops annual safety budget and analyzes data versus year-to-date data and prior year budget.
• Provides technical assistance to district managers to develop safety action plans.
• Monitors compliance of districts to DOT and OSHA regulations.
• Serves as a team leader and/or member for Safety Operational Assessment Review (SOAR).
• Serves as a liaison with the People Department to develop and implement technical training needs of districts.
• Provides oversight for all operational safety training, and trains and mentors field operational management in safety process.
• Reviews significant accidents/incidents including field investigations.
• Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
• Participates in corporate safety committees.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four years of relevant work experience.
• Experience: Seven years of previous managerial experience in Operations and/or Safety (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Strong knowledge in Safety Rules & Regulations including DOT and OSHA,
• Strong communication and leadership skills,
• Public speaking experience
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
A little about us:
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.