Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. to construct a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role in the Gigafactory will be to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells and based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is planned to produce cells which will double the world’s current production!
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, high quality and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort, we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
SUMMARY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Directly work with Technical Advisors and vendors (from Japan) when they need safety assistance
- Translate OSHA based training programs, from English to Japanese and vice versa, and give training as needed to support ex-pats
- Working predominately with the battery production line and some oversight over construction contractors. The position will consist of writing and revising standards, conducting IH assessments, giving safety training, conducting periodic tool box talks, reviewing risk assessments, sitting in on MOC meetings, and conducting routine auditing with staff.
- Coordinating with Supervisor to accommodate EHS initial and ongoing training
- Working with statistics and trending for training, injuries, near miss, and any non-compliance items
- Developing and giving safety presentations where required
- Helping to maintain PPE and inventory
- Conducting industrial hygiene monitoring and assessments where required
- Conducting routine auditing with staff and coaching employees around value of BBS auditing.
- Helping to conduct the radiation safety program for workers
- Working with staff on respiratory protection program, including maintain their cartridge change schedules, any baseline, and medical testing.
- Bachelor degree in Safety or related field preferred.
- 2-5 years or more of EHS Safety experience.
- Knowledge OSHA standards
- Some knowledge of NFPA, IBC, and EPA
- Industrial Hygiene knowledge
- Experience in providing training presentations.
- Ability to work with people at all levels as well as strong conflict resolution skills. Degree is not required as long as history of EHS experience and good references
- Strong MS Office (Word, excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Experience conducting risk assessments, incident investigations, and root cause analysis
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, andor boards of directors.
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of quality control tool such as Control chart, FTA, FMEA, Why-why analysis.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift andor move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift andor move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America. #LI-CB1
A little about us:
Panasonic Energy Corporation of America is the premier manufacturer of powerful, energy efficient, long-lasting batteries.