Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) is seeking an Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Engineer to facilitate the implementation of EHS systems including Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental and Medical programs with a focus on Safety. The position is located at the AFSR fastener manufacturing plant in Waco, TX.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs over 7,500 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic, Inc.
Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries-such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career.
- Partner with the Waco line organization regarding Arconic standards and procedures to achieve a zero-incident workplace
- Assist in implementing the AFSR EHS Business Unit plan and implement assigned portions of the Hoshin
- Assess risk associated with manufacturing processes and act to minimize risks
- Lead and/or facilitate location EHS teams as assigned
- Educate line organization personnel to ensure compliance with all EHS regulatory requirements and Arconic standards
- Provide specialized EHS expertise and assist in developing location knowledge of EHS regulations and corporate standards
- Assist in defining, obtaining, and coordinating necessary EHS reports, permits, communications and EHS self-assessments (ASATs) for the location
- Develop and update EHS written policies, procedures, programs and safe work instructions
- Incorporate Human Performance principles into assigned programs
- Be available for emergencies and special projects on nights and weekends
- Develop and facilitate EHS training and manage the EHS training matrix
- Assist in coordinating fire and other emergency drills
- Involve line organization personnel to address day to day EHS concerns
- Assist the EHS SPAs (Single Person of Accountability) with their programs and lead assigned programs to meet legal and other requirements
- Coordinate EHS incident investigations so that they are conducted in a thorough and timely manner and assist in the maintenance of the Corporate incident database
- Update EHS postings and bulletin boards
- Prepare EHS tool box topics and One Point Lessons
- Lead and assist with the Job Observation/Behavior Based Program
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Institution in Safety, EHS, Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Public Health, Biology, Chemistry, or Environmental Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years experience managing or implementing EHS programs or activities
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Knowledge of Behavioral Based Safety principles or Total Safety Culture
- Human Performance Trainer, Coach or Advocate
- EHS experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Safety programs such as Lockout-Tagout, industrial vehicles, electrical safety, etc.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.