Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Implements and coordinates business unit safety programs required for compliance with OSHA regulatory requirements and company safety policies. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Develops district-specific plans with district manager.
- Administers rules and conducts site assessments to monitor safety compliance.
- Trains and mentors field operational management within assigned business unit regarding the safety process. Provides oversight for all operational safety training within business units.
- Analyzes risk trends and manages risk associated with safety compliance.
- Identifies, counsels and coaches employees who routinely work in environments with high risk to safety.
- Serves as a team member for Safety Operational Assessment Review (SOAR).
- Consults and provides input towards annual safety budget.
- Participates in corporate safety committees.
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree( accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Three years of relevant work experience ( in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver's license
- CDL or ability to obtain CDL
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Strong knowledge in Safety Rules & Regulations including DOT and OSHA, strong communication and leadership skills, and public speaking experience required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.