Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) has partnered with Tesla Motors, Inc. to construct a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada. Panasonic's role in the Gigafactory will be to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells and based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is planned to produce 35GWh of cells, which will double the world’s current production!
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, high quality and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
SUMMARY/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· This role will be split field based and office work. Working predominately with the battery production line and some oversight over construction contractors. The position will consist of writing and revising standards, conducting IH assessments, giving safety training, conducting periodic tool box talks, reviewing risk assessments, sitting in on MOC meetings, and conducting routine auditing with staff.
· Helping to develop and write EHS Standards for Operations
· Coordinating with Supervisor to accommodate EHS initial and ongoing training for new hires at large volumes
· Working with statistics and trending for training, injuries, near miss, and any non-compliance items
· Developing and giving safety presentations where required
· Backfilling for EHS Supervisor responsibilities when out
· Helping to conduct Emergency Response Activities and Spill Response Drills
· Conducting industrial hygiene monitoring and assessments where required
· Conducting routine auditing with staff and coaching employees around value of BBS auditing.
• Experience in field based safety.
• 5 years EHS experience
• Extremely competent in OSHA standards
• Some knowledge of NFPA, IBC, and EPA
• Industrial Hygiene experience
• Experience in quality training. Anyone can train, but not all training is effective
• Working well with all types of people, but being strong and direct surrounding safety issues
• Degree is not required as long as history of EHS experience and good references
• Word, excel, PowerPoint skills are a must
• Experience conducting risk assessments, incident investigations, and root cause analysis
In addition to an environment that's as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America. #LI-AM1