The primary function of the Safety Supervisor is to assist the client with protecting the safety of all personnel on the work site. Airgas On-Site Safety meets this goal by maintaining the highest standards for both our people and our equipment. Our Safety Supervisors all have extensive knowledge of the safety equipment listed within Airgas On-Site Safety's inventories, and are able to assist the client with the proper uses of this equipment and the limitations of this equipment. In addition the Safety Supervisor has been trained to calibrate and repair equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Inspect and maintain safety equipment supplied to the project
• Instruct contractor personnel in use of breathing apparatus, including safe mask up procedures and
• Conduct practical drills to practice use of breathing apparatus
• Instruct and supervise personnel in safe exit out of hazardous area
• Conduct inspections of safety equipment on a routine basis
• Instruct contractor personnel in proper response to emergency situations, alarm condition and
• Monitor compliance of all personnel with established client policy and safety guidelines
• Familiarize personnel with designated safe briefing areas and safety equipment in each area
• Familiarize personnel with duties and responsibilities outlined in an emergency response plan
• Provide training in H2S safety, personal protective equipment placement and use, fresh air, some
specific job site hazards
• Gas monitoring
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Two years experience with applicable atmospheric monitoring devices
• Three year's safety experience in refinery environment.
• Health qualification requirements for respiratory fit testing.
• Graduate of Airgas On-Site Safety University.
Preferred: Graduate of an industrial safety degree program. Five years experience in Petro-Chemical facility.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Must be able to work on a team
• Must demonstrate good customer service skills
• Must be willing and able to travel; this includes overnight travel for up to 60 days at a time.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Employee development programs include the following basics:
• CDL Class C Drivers License with Hazardous Materials Endorsement; good driving record
• CPR & First Aid Training
• Basic operation and maintenance of breathing air compressors
• DOT HM126/181 Training
• Confined Space training
• H2S Safety Certification
• Fire watch training
• Gas monitor maintenance & calibration
• Respirator field level maintenance training
• Fall protection training
• Drill-Stem Testing
• Wire line Operations
• Workovers and Completions
• Drilling Operations
• Fresh Air training
• Must be willing and able to travel which includes travel/driving long distance; may require being out of
town for extended periods of up to 60 days.
The Safety Supervisor implements procedures to published standards described in the Safe Operating Procedures Manual. These procedures are based on Airgas On-Site Safety's years of experience, in all aspects of toxic environments.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work environment is subject to changes, however includes both refinery and shop environments, exposure to wet, humid, outside weather conditions and vibration; exposure to high pressure, chemicals, heavy machinery operations traffic. The noise level may be moderate to severe. Operations may be performed in extremely elevated work platforms, to include tightly fitted, enclosed and odorous atmospheres.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including medical/dental, life & disability, and 401(k) plan with match.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
See Job Description
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.