Airgas, an Air Liquide company is Now Hiring
Sales Account Manager in Ontario, CA
Are Safety, Ethics and Excellent Customer Service important to you?
Are you intrigued by supporting customers and growing sales with commercial and research labs, pharmaceutical companies, universities, and also manufacturing and aerospace companies?
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as our Sales Account Manager!
As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment! Position Summary:
The Account Manager is responsible for the management and profitable growth of Airgas business within an assigned sales territory. The candidate will be required to meet and exceed both corporate and regional objectives for sales growth, profitability growth, and A/R management within the assigned territory. The candidate will need to have the ability to sell all Airgas products to his/her customer base. Essential Job Functions:
- Adhere to and assure compliance with the Code of Conduct/Handbook, policies and procedures and all applicable rules, regulations and standards promulgated by Federal, State and other applicable agencies or regulating bodies
- Develop and execute regional company specific sales and marketing plans
- Actively pursue and acquire new and competitive accounts with emphasis on obtaining product supply agreements
- Review regional sales goals and gross profit margins within the assigned territory and monitors effectiveness of sales and marketing efforts
- Act as a technical resource for customer(s) and regional retail sales associates in the area of bulk and specialty gases
- Establish and maintain clear and consistent lines of communication with internal departments relative to customer successes, customer failures, new customer developments and other customer specific information
- Work closely with local Branch managers to assist in promoting sales and customer management through retail store locations within assigned geographical area
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers
- Identifies and qualifies prospective customers within assigned area or territory and keeps direct manager informed of such information
- Interprets customer needs and makes appropriate recommendations to increase sales opportunities
- Researches and analyses market data in assigned area or territory to determine new customers, sales volume potential and pricing, and develop a strategy to meet sales targets
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education, Experiences, Certificates/Licenses and/or Registrations:
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume setting
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple, divide etc. and to perform fraction to decimal and decimal to fraction conversions
- Must be able to use a computer and have a working understanding of Word, Excel, SAP, etc.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Must present a professional presence and demeanor that is reflective of a corporate office environment
- Must have a high level of energy, be as self-starter, and have a strong customer service and relationship orientation
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write routine business reports and business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from associates and management
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required:
- High School Diploma; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of related outside sales
- Knowledge of industrial gases, welding supply and hardware desired
- Proven change management skills, including building sponsorship, communications, and stakeholder management
- Requires a valid driver's license and personal vehicle with insurance coverage as required by the company
While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit for long periods and stand to perform work. The associate is required to reach with hands and arms, smell, talk or hear. The associate must be able to lift, push, pull or move up to thirty (50) pounds or more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy and the associate may be exposed to extreme weather. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Airgas offers a full benefits package includes:
- Hearing protection must be worn in designated areas
- Fully enclosed shoes or safety shoes must we worn in designated areas
- Safety glasses must be worn in designated areas
- Must use other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...
What do our Team Members have to say?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.