Move your Career forward with Airgas as an Account Manager in Rockford, IL!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel.
As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations. GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Account Manager (AM) is responsible for managing the sales process and driving profitable sales growth within an assigned sales territory to both existing and new Airgas customers. The AM will be required to meet and exceed both corporate and regional objectives for profitable sales growth and A/R management within their assigned territory. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Develops and executes sales plans utilizing Airgas's sales directives and guidelines in order to service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts. Qualifies and pursues sales leads.
- Cultivates customer relationships by developing a deep knowledge of the customer's business.
- Engages customers by linking the customer's business priorities to Airgas's value proposition.
- Prepares sales proposals by quoting pricing, credit terms, estimated date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of Airgas's production/delivery schedules and internal processes.
- Keeps current with industry insights and monitors competition by gathering current relevant marketplace information including information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
- Actively reviews and manages existing customer Accounts Receivable balances to help minimize Airgas working capital investment and financial risk.
- Partners with internal resources to accomplish growth objectives. Establishes and maintains clear and consistent lines of communication with internal departments relative to customer successes, customer failures, new customer developments and other customer specific information.
- Maintains and submits sales reports (daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses) as required by District Manager (DM).
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in a science, business or related degree field required. In lieu of degree, consideration for up to 4 years of additional related experience may be accepted.
- A minimum of 3 years of prior outside sales experience to include proven experience in solution selling concepts and a demonstrated history of managing customers throughout a defined sales territory.
- Familiarity with industrial and specialty gases, industrial gas / welding supply sales a plus.
- Knowledge of customer segmentation and ability to apply to prioritize the targeting of customers delivering the highest value to Airgas.
- Must have excellent organizational, written and oral communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Strong PC skills (i.e. Windows, Word, Excel, email) with ability to acclimate to a PC based order entry system and wireless, hand held scanning device. Working knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Self-starter; self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency; ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational, analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Reliable transportation, current driver's license, minimum liability insurance as required by state of vehicle registration.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Employee is frequently required to talk and/or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Requires use of computer, telephone and operation of a motor vehicle.
- Regularly required to sit in an automobile for long periods of time.
- Occasionally may be required to move 60 pounds or more with the aid of material handling equipment.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Frequent local travel (75% of work time).
- Minimal overnight travel.
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation.
- Job requires visitation of customer sites, which have varying environments/conditions, layouts, and accessibility.
NOTE: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility nor does it imply an employment agreement. Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more...!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability