Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Position Summary:
The Group Sales Coordinator is a key support person for the DOSM and Sales Manager responsible for booking market segments for the Lodging Partner Program, SMERF, Corporate, Tour Operators, Motor Coach, and other segments as needed. This person will handle the planning with our clients, prepare lodging tickets for distribution, enter necessary computer details, and disseminate the information to the operations team. There will also be additional responsibilities assisting the GM, HR Manager, and DOSM as necessary with marketing, administration and auditing purposes for website, cruise schedules, and group room blocks. This person will also be responsible for 50% of our Social Media posts on Facebook, working with our Corporate Social Media Manager to ensure fresh and timely updates occur, to increase engagement to our Facebook fans. Essential Functions:
- Partners with the DOSM, SMERF/Corporate Sales Manager to transition definite bookings between the Sales Department and Operations Teams.
- Assists Lodging Partner Sales Manager with administration of Lodging Partner Ticket orders, Concierge Program and Corporate Employee Benefits Program.
- Gathers and communicates all pertinent information from meeting and/or banquet clientele for Corporate, SMERF, and Tour Operator market segments.
- Pre-block all VIP, Groups, Special Requests in SMS, Delphi.FDC and other computer systems. Ensures block release dates are executed in a timely manner. Audit reservation market segment coding in SMS for appropriate segmentation.
- Audits Schedules in SMS, Google Calendar, Cruise Schedule and Group Schedules to ensure accuracy across platforms of communication.
- Review and update property information on the WIKI at CRES.
- Ensures local channel communication is carried out with LTVA Visitor Centers, Tahoe Chamber, NCOT - RTT and other tourism entities.
- Prepare, print and email marketing communications to clients, concierge database, internal Management and Associates, DOSM and General Manager.
- Assist DOSM with Weekly Marketing Calendar and Campaign Alert Updates, communicate to the appropriate departments accordingly.
- Review website for accuracy on excursions, lodging, dining, and staffing changes.
- Review external website information for Tour Operators, online booking sites to ensure updates are current.
- Social Media Hero for Property. Work with DOSM on setting up Facebook Posts.
- Experience in Social Media for Business Programming.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Performs all job duties in a safe manner.
- Upholds all guest service standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- 3-5 years sales and service experience in a Hotel, Wedding Sales and/or Banquet Site.
- Professional demeanor, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High aptitude for learning new computer programs quickly
- Proven attention to details and ability to multi-task is essential.
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with coordination of group sales preferred.
- Demonstrated success working with diverse teams.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft applications.
- Hospitality experience in a customer-centric, seasonally dynamic, multi-faceted environment
SMS Systems Travel Requirements:
10-20% Lifting Requirements:
LIGHT - Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds Physical Requirements:
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.