A Super Opportunity Awaits You!
CALGAZ, an Air Liquide company, the global leader in specialty calibration gases, is seeking a Sales Associate - Cambridge, MD. The candidate may live remote but is required to travel to Cambridge, MD frequently.
• Managing and developing logistics for ensuring seamless, cost-effective movement of non ferrous material from supplier to ensure timely delivery to customers, planning and developing suitable fleet vendors and negotiating with vendors on various criteria such as price, quality improvement rate, timely delivery, credit terms, etc.
• Ensures compliance with company policies/procedures.
• Extensive communication with customers quoting prices.
• Manages organization of new/current customer information including but not limited to updates, corrections and additions.
• Ensures customer contracts/information is compliant with company policies/procedures.
• Develop the growth of business activities and profit with assigned accounts and in assigned territories.
• Maintain and manage the profit/loss analysis spreadsheet and constantly work on improving the processes and/or profitability of the accounts.
• Develop purchasing specifications, prepare lists of vendors, issue inquires, tabulate and evaluate transactions done with buyers and keep record of transactions made with vendors, manager orders, review and approve requisitions, manager inbound inventory, and track supplier performance.
• Manages expiration and notifications of contract, pricing and purchase orders.
• Knowledge of standard logistics procedures, ordering, products tracking and equipment replacement and repair.
• Maintains customer contract files in accordance with company's policies/procedures
• Processes all billing (daily, end of the month and service billings)
• Processes all special handling requirements for customers
• Prepares and processes billing adjustments
• Files and maintains Uniform Commercial Code documentation
• Entry of invoices in web-based billing portals when required by customers
• Meets or exceeds company's safety standards; actively promotes safety in the workplace
• Maintain updated knowledge of international laws and regulations for exportation of goods.
• Resolve customer complaints within minimum turnaround time by identifying areas of obstructions.
• High School diploma required with 2 to 5 years of sales and/or procurement experience
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Understanding of purchasing practices (Preparing and issuing Requests for Proposals, Negotiating Terms and Conditions, Cost and Schedule and executing a contract).
• Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time
• Lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs occasionally, a negligible amount frequently
• Maintain confidentiality regarding business issues
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel required; understanding of Oracle and Salesforce.com preferred
• Minimum 40 wpm typing
• Proven track record of solution oriented thinking; ability to work well in collective and individual environments
• Ability to multi task
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.