Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE "green" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
The Southern Region is seeking a highly motivated, sales trainee to join our team.Are you looking for a career in technical sales? Do you have professional sales experience? Are you a closer?
If so, this may be the opportunity for you!
As a Sales Associate you will be responsible for managing existing accounts, as well as the promotion and sales of elevator maintenance and repair contracts. Your challenges will include building and maintaining customer relationships, achieving or exceeding sales objectives, and serving as technical consultant to customers. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Selling service and maintenance contracts at required levels to obtain new units on maintenance agreements
- Retain current maintenance agreements at required levels through good customer service and selling on factors other than price
- Possess broad product knowledge of all elevator/escalator lines
- Make effective sales presentations; provide repair estimating and estimates for all normal work
- Understand service contracts in broad terms
- Develop service sales territory through customer contacts
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of Otis products and monitor collection of accounts
- Excellent customer service skills to effectively communicate with customers and colleagues
- Ability to sell on factors other than price and a proven track record of sales success
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, team building and PC skills are required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Management/Marketing/Business
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
A little about us:
Otis Elevator Company is the world's largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways - a constant, reliable name for more than 160 years.