The KeVita Category Analyst will provide insights and category expertise to the field Sales teams and the Business Unit to ensure that key sales and marketing initiatives are achieved. This role will demonstrate strong thought leadership in regards to the retailer in-store dynamics, shopper trends, our current categories, and future emerging categories. This role will turn that thought leadership into cutting-edge insights and actionable conclusions, and will understand how to package and sell those ideas to others! Furthermore, this role will ensure that learning's are captured and incorporated into business strategy and future customer business plans.Category Strategy:
Sales & Category Management Wiring and Partnership:
- Be the category insights expert to all things KeVita with oversight in emerging trends
- Develop an in-depth base of category insights for the areas of the store that we engage in order to achieve strategic business priorities
- Develop rich business insights by bringing together multiple data sources including POS, primary and secondary research, and shopper platforms to support business building strategies
- Develop a suite of reporting tools that provide a comprehensive, easy to digest view of the business; provide real-time actionable insights; and. Identify trends that allow the formulation of business building strategies
- Leads third-party suppliers in the development of solutions that enhance the use and application of category/shopper/customer insights
- Maintains awareness and fluency of major and/or relevant NEB and PepsiCo studies and insight resources and ensures responsible use by Sales/Marketing personnel in developing customer/consumer solutions.
- Synergistic approach: Development of broad based and persuasive stories/tools to empower Field Sales to win with customers
- Hands-on approach: Engage deeply and enthusiastically in critical channel and customer opportunities; Develop customer wiring and intimacy with strategic customers to drive a key competitive advantage for our product lines including being knowledgeable about the retail customer and its shoppers
- Thought Leadership Approach: Build a solid slate of learning's to support strategic guidance on shoppers and across the key in-store activation buckets: assortment, shelving, pricing, and promotion
- Co-lead in the development of actionable and fact-based category presentations and retail principles utilizing shopper insights, consumer research, historical performance, and industry trends that help customers/BU develop their businesses in a mutually profitable way
- Constructs, manages, and directs the output of pricing, promotional, and shelf tests
- Demonstrates strong capability and analytical approach to store level data analysis to drive category strategies and identify short and long term actionable opportunities
- Identifies and connects key retailer-specific shopper segments with key NEB consumer segments, thereby bridging consumer needs and trends with specific shopper behavior and insights
- BS degree or equivalent; MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in the consumer packaged goods industry
- 2+ years in Category Management, Insights, or Marketing
- Understanding of the produce and natural channels
- The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and on paper.
- Strong project management skills. Manages multiple projects with little guidance.
- Needs to be flexible and entrepreneurial.
- Structured, logical & creative thinking: the ability to dissect a problem into an organized approach and quickly form a hypothesis against which to run test analysis. In addition, a combination of out of the box thinking and a willingness to question status quo and generally accepted beliefs
- Ability to demonstrate individual, team, and project leadership skills
- Preference for Advanced competency of IRI/Nielsen/SPINS syndicated and panel data, Customer and Shopper Insights/Consumer Analytics experience (i.e. Customer POS systems, trade spending, pricing architecture, price point sensitivity, etc.)
- Must be willing and able to travel 5-10% of the time
Eligible for Limited Relocation