Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Serves as liaison with sales managers and other internal teams to ensure that Sales Compensation Programs are understood, implemented and calculated appropriately. Manages data and information flows that feed sales compensation calculations in both manual calculator applications and automated calculation engine (i.e., - ASIP).
II. Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Responsible for the coordination and collection of sales information used to calculate monthly, quarterly and annual sales bonus/commission payments.
- Works with sales managers, compensation, HRIS, the Sales Comp Admin team and payroll to ensure that bonus and commission payments are processed on a timely basis.
- Serves as liaison with sales managers to ensure that Sales Compensation Programs are understood, implemented appropriately, rewarding and retaining top performers and driving desired results across the organization.
- Serves as liaison with business partners to leverage their expertise to gain a firm understanding of business practices, while ensuring the data being fed from MAS and other upstream systems into manual sales compensation calculators and the automated sales compensation calculation engine (ASIP) is accurate.
- Maintain systems process documentation (Sales Operation Manual).
- Responsible for the development and delivery of training and communication to the sales organization regarding commission calculations and policy/plan changes.
- Proactively identifies issues and makes recommendations for process improvements.
- Provides data and analytics to the Sales Operations and Sales Compensation teams in order to effectively evaluate the performance vs. pay relationship of sales incentive programs. Presents metrics, benchmarks and other analytical tools in order to support continuous improvement of sales operations and management of the business.
This job has no supervisory duties IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Required: Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent, in Human Resources, Business Administration or similar area of study, and three years previous experience in an analytical support role.
Four years of experience in an administrative support role responsible for working in department/company systems pulling data for analysis, providing reports and inputting data for processing may substitute for the Bachelor's Degree.
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree and three years of experience in an analytical role supporting human resources, sales operations or finance.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Experience in communicating and training sales staff on sales compensation plans that are tailored to various roles in the organization
- Analytical ability to ensure that modeling of overall compensation costs and development of pay calculation specifications are accurate
- High level of tact and ability to handle sensitive compensation and financial information
- Oral communication skills sufficient to make effective presentations to various levels of management
- Working knowledge of desktop software, including Microsoft Word, Outlook and Power Point
- High level of expertise in Excel required
- Operates independently on a day-to-day basis and is responsive to deadlines
- Knowledge of ASIP, PeopleSoft or other Sales Compensation Applications is a plus
- Self starter, adaptable to constant change and posses strong organizational and analytical skills
- Self motivated willingness to learn and self teach
- Ability to actively participate on working teams
- Ability to work with and protect confidential information required
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to determine trends and propose solutions
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day ;
Normal setting for this job is: office setting. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."