Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
This entry level professional that works as part of a team of analysts to support data and information flows that feed sales compensation calculations in both Excel calculator applications and automated calculation engines (e.g. - Sales Compensation System). Serves as liaison with field sales managers and other internal teams to ensure that Sales Compensation Programs are understood and implemented appropriately. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Serves as liaison with sales managers, compensation, HRIS and the Sales Comp Admin team to ensure that Sales Compensation Programs are understood, implemented appropriately, calculated correctly/timely, rewarding and retaining top performers while driving desired results across the organization. Escalates issues or questions that are complicated or sensitive to the Sales Comp Admin Manager for guidance and resolution.
- Works with the team to create, develop and implement recommendations for process improvements, while automating the processes using technical skills where applicable.
- Provides data and analytics using MS Office Access/Excel in order to effectively evaluate the performance vs. pay relationship of sales incentive programs. Presents metrics, benchmarks and other analytical tools to support continuous improvement of sales operations and management of the business.
- Responsible for the coordination and collection of sales information used to calculate monthly, quarterly and annual sales bonus/commission payments.
- Assists in the maintenance of the systems process documentation (Sales Operation Manual).
- May coordinate and assist with the development and delivery of training for members of the sales organization regarding commission calculations and policy/plan changes.
- This job has no supervisory duties
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Finance/Accounting, Management Information Systems, Business Administration/Economics, Human Resources, or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Four years of experience in role responsible for working in department/company systems pulling data for analysis, providing reports and inputting data for processing.
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting, Management Information Systems, Business Administration/Economics, Human Resources, or similar area of study and one year of experience in an analytical support role in sales operations, finance, or human resources.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
V. Work Environment
- Working knowledge of desktop software, with an emphasis on MS Office Access and Excel. Required to use Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Power Point as well
- Self starter, adaptable to constant change and posses strong organizational, technical and analytical skills
- Ability to analyze data and ensure accuracy of compensation costs and development of pay calculation specifications
- Ability to work under pressure with tight timelines and deadlines
- High level of tact and ability to handle sensitive compensation and financial information
- Oral communication skills sufficient to make effective presentations to various levels of management
- Self motivated willingness to learn and self teach
- Ability to actively participate on working teams
- Ability to work with and protect confidential information is required
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
A little about us:
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.