: EPM and ERP Applications Sales Consultants/Applications Solutions Consultants/Applications Sales Engineer Locations:
Openings available in the following Oracle offices: Austin, TX, Minneapolis, MN
and remotely in the field: Chicago area and anywhere on the East Coast.
People join this role with Oracle from a variety of backgrounds and are wildly successful! Training will be provided! Sales Consultants within Applications, OR functional experts: Budgeting, Planning, Financials, and specifically those with expertise in Project Accounting all encouraged to apply! Must have used some ERP tools, Oracle experience not required. Typical backgrounds of Oracle's most successful ERP/EPM Sales Consultants:
What's so great about this job?
- Presales Consultants, Solutions Consultants, presenting any technology or solutions
- Accounting, Financial, Operations professionals who are using ERP tools daily and are passionate about the technology (Oracle specific tools not required)
- System Administrators or Project Consultants who are more consultative and enjoy client presentations and do not want to do any cold calling but really enjoy the sales cycle and want to stay in technology
- Consultants from ERP partner network skilled in presales presentations
- IT professionals who have directly supported Accounting, Projects, Financials automation technology and can speak to the business processes/technology.
- Hyperion experience a plus!
This is one of the best roles at Oracle, most people assume you have to be in sales to demo software and present/interact with clients, not the case! This is a fantastic opportunity to be exposed to many companies/clients across the country and talking to them about their technology needs, and then advocating and presenting Oracle solutions to users and decision makers.
- Work life balance
- Typically less travel than post sales implementation or management consulting
- You will always be on the cutting edge of next generation technology
- You will work have the opportunity to advise new and existing clients on critical ERP financials technology decisions to move their business forward.
- Not only is Oracle a great company to work for, but it's financially stable and growing! The sky is the limit in terms of growth both personally and professionally
This is not a quota carrying sales role, the client relationship and ownership of the sales cycle belongs to the Oracle sales team. The best sales consultants build trust internally and externally with the goal of bringing on new clients and growing revenue through outstanding sales support activities and client interactions.
Day to day:
Oracle's Market Leadership in EPM
- It is a full time strategic presales consulting role working with Accounting and Finance, Supply Chain, or Manufacturing decision makers and users who are evaluating various Oracle ERP/EPM solutions for their accounting and financial technology needs.
- The right person will be able to effectively speak and engage with these types of professionals (you would be paired with products, clients, and sales teams that mirror your experience) regarding business challenges and technology based solutions.
- Extensive training will be provided on Oracle ERP financials/EPM Cloud software if needed
- As an Oracle ERP financials Solutions Consultant, you will partner directly with the sales team to present and sell Oracle ERP financials Cloud solutions to the client. This is not a quota carrying sales role and does not involve any outbound or inbound sales prospecting, however it does involve the ability to influence decision makers regarding their ERP platform, and the ability to act as an Oracle advocate during client interactions.
- The best solutions consultants have joined us from a variety of backgrounds (accounting & finance practitioners (industry); pre and post sales consulting) and enjoy partnering with clients to help solve business problems via ERP technology.
- 5 years operational accounting and finance, budgeting/planning, and/or hyperion experience is preferred
- A/BS degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent, CPA and/or advanced degree highly desirable
- Experience with any of the following solutions is preferred: Oracle EBS, Peoplesoft, JD Edwards, Oracle BI, Workday Financials, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, MSFT BI, Sage ERP, IBM Cognos, Anaplan, Tagetik, Adaptive Insights, Intacct, host analytics, microstrategy, Prophix, jedox, SAP Business Objects, or Infor.
- Solutions cover:
Enterprise Planning Cloud: Workforce Planning, Capital Asset Planning, Project Financial Planning, Financial Statement Planning (Revenue, Expense, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow), Planning and Budgeting.
Enterprise Performance Reporting Cloud: Information Access, Authoring, Collaboration & workflow, publishing, delivery.
- Financial Consolidation and Close Cloud
- Planning and Budgeting Cloud
- Account Reconciliation Cloud
Oracle is the global market leader in business analytics and EPM
. In addition to offering market-leading EPM and business intelligence solutions, Oracle is making strategic investments in new technologies to help customers drive innovation, transform their business processes and simplify their IT systems.
Oracle has been delivering enterprise performance management solutions to customers for over 30 years, with a global sales and service network and an ecosystem of of partners focused on delivering innovative solutions and compelling value for over 8,000 customers.Qualifications:
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Senior Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision. Acts as a technical resource for less experienced Sales Consultants. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Develop and manage reference sites through high quality technical, professional client relationships.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 5 years relevant computer applications or database/tools. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Through knowledge of system and application design. Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments. Ability to travel as needed. BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.