The Sales Coordinator role is an Entry Level position that allows you to learn our mutual funds business and become licensed. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with financial advisors, advisors consultants, and internal sales professionals to further your knowledge of the industry and become familiar with the sales process.
• Answer the phone promptly and professionally
• Explain in detail the features, benefits and advantages for products and funds to the representative calling in
• Provide personalized, web-based hypothetical illustrations
• Follow phone criteria/etiquette
• Place supply orders for marketing material
• Follow-up with representatives with answers to questions or to make sure information was received and understood
• Log phone calls into our computer system for tracking purposes
• Act as a liaison between home office and wholesalers in the field
• Assist in the development process of new employees
• Licensed sales coordinators make outbound phone calls to representatives on commission specials, new products, marketing ideas, special meetings, etc.
• Work in other departments as needed
WHY JOIN HARTFORD FUNDS?
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Radnor, PA, Hartford Funds is a leading provider of mutual funds, strategic beta ETFs and 529 college savings plans. The company offers a broad range of strategies designed to provide solutions for a variety of investment needs. Hartford Funds has total assets under management of $78.1 billion as of September 30, 2016 (excluding assets used in certain annuity products). Hartford Funds are primarily sub-advised by Wellington Management or Schroder Investment Management, two leading investment advisors.
At Hartford Funds, we believe in human-centric investing-a unique approach that utilizes deep research and insights to understand the rational and emotional ways investors think about money, their investments and their financial advisors, and then create solutions and advisor tools designed to serve those investors and their mindsets.
Hartford Funds embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit where all employees are encouraged to 'act like an owner' of the firm, and live Hartford Funds' human-centric investing approach. Employees work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, that is focused on strengthening financial advisor-client relationships by helping investors better realize their true life goals.
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At Hartford Funds, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, and more.
This position may be subject to The Hartford Funds political contributions policy.
Hartford Funds is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Hartford Funds maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills
• Responsible, conscientious and self-motivated
• Positive, flexible attitude
• Strong PC Skills
• Ability to work well with others and function well as a member of a team
• Be flexible with ability to accept, create and manage change
• Display willingness to quickly learn product lines, procedures and workflows
• Create and maintain a harmonious work environment
• Have Series 7 & 63 successfully completed within one year of employment
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD