At Oracle we are changing the way we do business by challenging the status quo through the delivery of innovative cloud, infrastructure and data solutions. The things we do at Oracle have never been done before and it has a tremendous impact on all of our users across the globe. Oracle continues to push the boundaries of technology and passionately believes that modern cloud computing technology helps businesses realize and capitalize on new opportunities as well as innovate faster.
Oracle is committed to setting the industry standard in cloud services based using the latest in Java, SOAP, REST, XML technologies. Our cloud offerings offer a broad set of best-in-class, integrated services that provide customers and our internal deployment with subscription-based, self-service access to Oracle Fusion Applications, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Database, all completely managed, hosted and supported by Oracle. It provides customers with truly flexible deployment by enabling them to run the exact same business applications in the cloud and on premise.
Our department is Oracle Applications Lab (OAL) that runs all our internal Sales Applications Globally. we are responsible for all the end to flows for the sales systems. We are looking for a strong architect that can support the systems teams, providing technical as a service focused engineering team we are responsible for the end=to-end quality of the solutions we build, we are looking for an individual contributor with strong technical skills, strong self motivation, good collaboration skills, and the desire to get involved in the front line cloud development.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 10 years of software engineering or related experience.
1) 12 years in design and development of large-scale enterprise software products (e.g., J2EE containers, Integration/Web services platforms, Messaging systems, Cloud services), including experience with scalability, clustering and load balancing, performance tuning, high availability/failover, security, data transformation.
2) Deep technical skills that span Server Side Java, J2EE, XML, API design, Microservices, REST/Webservices and RDBMS.
3) Experience with Cloud building or leveraging PaaS/SaaS platforms. Additional Experience in the Integration/SOA product domain is a big plus.
4) Deep understanding and commitment to product quality, including values such as scalability, performance, reliability, and maintainability.
5) Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work well in a team of highly experienced and talented engineers distributed in various geographies and time zones.
6) Exhibits traits such as desire and ability to learn new technologies quickly, strive for highest standards, bias for action, vocally self critical, and thinking big.
7) Bachelors or Masters in Computer science is ideal.
Drive / Support all our product areas / themes for the next generation of Oracles internal products:
1) Work with senior execs, product managers, engineering managers and other stakeholders to define the overall scope of the product area, help distill requirements from various internal and external sources into specific features.
2) Define the overall architecture, develop designs geared towards massive scalability, performance and usability and code the core elements of those designs.
3) Work closely with leads and managers of various Oracle teams like Weblogic application server, Common Platform team, Database, Cloud/Mobile/BigData Infrastructure to drive SOA requirements and incorporate upcoming features in our Fusion product design.
4) Ensure consistency in architecture and functionality of a product area across the various products in the wider integration suite by participating in cross group initiatives.
5) Work with internal and external stake holders to get early validations on real life requirements being actually met by the upcoming features.
6) Work within the team to help create and improve existing development processes to achieve higher productivity and better quality releases.
Provides leadership in the development and strategic direction of new products, processes, techniques. Act as primary consultant on large projects that effect the organization*s long term objectives / strategy. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 10 more years of software engineering or related experience.
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. Create new architecture for a moderate size product or a portion of a major product. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.