Are you passionate about new technologies? Does the opportunity to work with customers to solve their toughest technological and business challenges make you tick? Are you an experienced sales professional with an understanding of software and cloud technologies, combined with superior leadership and communications capabilities? Are you ready to take the next step and lead a team of highly competent Sales Development Specialists in a state of the art inside sales environment? Microsoft's Marketing and Sales Center is looking for you!
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud.
Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We were recently recognized as the most attractive global employer and have been and continue to be known for our exceptional citizenship and community efforts. We have offices and career opportunities in all 50 US states and 250+ countries around that world.
We invite you to start the next chapter of your journey in our new, state of the art US regional Marketing and Sales Center. As part of our team, you will help direct and develop the future sales force of Microsoft with career development opportunities into a variety of roles across the company in the US and globally.
Be a part of a multi-generational, diverse and customer-obsessed team that demands excellence. Develop and apply your skills alongside the leading technology, marketing and sales experts with the support of a world class training regimen in a dynamic, fast-paced sales environment. And most importantly, achieve your personal goals and advance your career whether you are looking to build on your sales and consulting experience or exploring how to leverage your current experience to dive into modern cloud.
Microsoft is seeking multiple managers with deep interest in cutting-edge technology to join our Marketing and Sales Center. As a Sales Development Manager, you will lead a team of highly-talented and skilled sales specialists, driving the day-to-day execution of the team to exceed their business performance targets. The SD team members consist of highly capable sales people that drive Microsoft wins on the latest cloud and modern development technologies. The team members’ primary responsibilities will be to engage with customers as the first point of contact to understand their needs and identify opportunities that meet minimum qualification criteria for sales.
As a Sales Development Manager, you will lead your team to achieve and exceed the quarterly and annual sales pipeline quotas. You will ensure optimal efficiency on the demand response queue and accuracy in forecasting opportunity size, scale, timeline and decision process. You will set team targets and track the performance of the Sales Development Specialists against individual and team level goals. You will be expected to hire, build, train and mentor a highly qualified team that utilizes modern selling and marketing techniques and tools to identify key business decision makers, understand, nurture and qualify sales opportunities. You will coach your team in customer listening, presentation and other business skills. These include reinventing sales productivity and business processes, creating a more intelligent cloud with solutions from Microsoft and partners, and driving more personal computing. Positioning these solutions in context of the customers’ business needs is essential.
• Build, motivate and mentor a high-functioning inside sales team responsible for generating and qualifying new sales leads; hire new Sales Development Specialists; typical team size of 10+ employees
• Lead team to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual team targets such as dials per day, opportunity conversion, sales quota attainment, qualifying new leads and pipeline generated
• Interface with Marketing and Inside Opportunity Managers to identify and prioritize the right lead pipelines to achieve business goals and accelerate results
• Accurately forecast, assess risk and identify exceptional performance plans in weekly deal and pipeline reviews with senior management
• Lead team members through example. Lead customer calls, demos and experience sessions over Skype for Business to model and train employees
• Mentor the Sales Development team and ensure availability and attendance at product training and learning opportunities by team members
• Coach team members in modern sales and communications tools & techniques to effectively reach, sell to and manage Microsoft customers
• Report on monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets, deliver competitive business insights, trends and analysis to drive ongoing performance improvements
• Drive operational excellence of key center metrics including call volume, conversions, pipeline, velocity and accuracy
• Manage the collaboration and teaming of different roles such as Sales Development Specialist, Inside Opportunity Executives, Technical Solution Professionals and Consumption Analysts to effectively progress opportunities and pipeline through the sales cycle
• Improve sales and technical competency via mentoring; support individual professional development and growth
• Constantly research and educate self with the newest developments in cloud capabilities and pricing for both Microsoft and competitor
• Obsess over Microsoft’s customers and prospects to deliver a world-class customer engagement experience
• Manage employee performance from not meeting expectations to exceptional
• 2-5+ years of technology related sales or business development experience
• 2+ years of sales management experience with proven track record of successfully leading teams of 8 or more. Familiarity with modern sales techniques and tools preferred
• Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to coach team to successfully drive sales over phone, email, video and modern demonstration tools
• Superior leadership skills with the ability to enable high performers to deliver and motivate under-performers
• Experience, background and confidence to initiate and drive business strategy discussions with C-level executives and business decision makers around industry drivers and workloads
• General knowledge of the IT industry, with the capacity to learn and retain knowledge about individual systems, processes, products and services quickly and accurately
• Work well in a diverse team and enjoys a dynamic and changing environment
• Achievement and success-driven personality, motivated by performance rewards for exceeding annual sales goals through strategic sales leadership and strong cross business collaboration
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications (Outlook, Lync, Windows 8, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, OneNote and SharePoint); Dynamics CRM or other CRM experience is a bonus
• Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world
• Must be able to legally live and work in the country for which you’re applying, without visa support or sponsorship
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.