Group Benefits Sales Development Program Job Description
The Hartford is searching for candidates to join their Group Benefits Sales Development Program. Successful candidate will participate in a 12 month sales and product training curriculum. Once completed the candidate will sell Group Benefits Products to clients through broker/consultant relationships. What's in for you?
Qualifications: What are the qualifications of the position?
- Comprehensive 12 month sales training and development program geared towards The Hartford's Group Benefits products.
- Participate in a learning curriculum focused on role based and foundational skills that can be applied to any level of the organization.
- Frequent Coaching, mentoring and feedback
- Training graduates are assigned geographic territories with the opportunity to build and maintain client relationships
- Ability to strategically plan the growth and maintenance of a book of business through aggressive product sales, upsells, and renewals, within accounts/territory.
- Partake in case implementations
- Students expecting to graduate in May 2018 with a Bachelor's degree in desired majors including, but not limited to, Risk Management & Insurance, Business, Economics, Finance, Sales, and Marketing
- Demonstrated leadership potential through classroom and extracurricular activities
- Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, analytical and research skills
- Ability to collaborate, influence and negotiate
- Record of high achievement, self-motivation, ability to multi-task and solid work ethic
- Demonstrated high integrity, ability to follow through on commitments, and understanding of how to build relationships & trust among diverse groups.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and to make sound recommendations in a fast-paced sales environment
- Knowledge of insurance business, organization and products desired but not required
- Knowledge of Group Benefits (GB) products/benefits and language desired but not required
- Ability to pass MVR and obtain Resident's Life/Health License
- Ability to relocate upon completion of training based on business need
- Training starts July 2018
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD