Sales Director, Drug Channel
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Posted: February 15, 2017
Reference ID: 170002BT
Are you a leader with a passion for developing winning teams? Does the opportunity to work with iconic brands on one of Unilever's most strategic channels excite you?
Unilever is hiring a Sales Director for our Drug Channel. The Director will develop and deliver Unilever’s Drug Channel strategy and operational plan by leading a cross functional team of 50. Drug is a global strategic priority for Unilever and is resourced to drive exceptional growth over the next 3 years.
The Drug Sales Director is responsible for delivering share, volume and profit targets for Walgreens, CVS & Rite Aid. As the Customer Development leadership team prepares for 2020 and beyond, the Drug Sales Director must be skilled at achieving this main objective in a way that demonstrates progressive market approaches, including:
• Utilizing joint business planning to further build and develop strategic Customer partnerships
• Using Shopper Insights and trends to understand and leverage new opportunities for growth as the path to purchase evolves
• Building customer relationships
• Using Unilever’s capabilities like Net revenue Management, Core of the Core and Perfect Store to drive profit ahead of sales across all levers in the Drug P&L.
• Leading an extended cross functional team of 50 including Field Sales, Category Management, Shopper Marketing, Business Development, Shopper Insight, Supply Chain HR and Finance.
• Leading the performance management cycle with all direct reports to drive current and future performance.
• Delivering Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan through our customers to Drug Shoppers.
• Leading global best practice for the Drug teams.
• Develop and deliver the annual sales and profit plan
• Work jointly with Marketing and CCD leaders to build and deliver category growth driving plans.
• Co-create joint business plans with Walgreens, CVS & Rite Aid.
• Develop employees on the Customer team and support the development of cross-functional team members (e.g. Category Management, Shopper Insights, Shopper Marketing, Supply Chain) who are also members of the Customer team.
• Manage complex sales and selling structure involving multi-layered approach including several tiers of Customer interaction
• Apply understanding of the retail environment and strategic thinking to the delivery of innovation and promotion execution at store level
• Coordinate interaction with the internal planning and Business Development organizations to ensure the Customer needs are known to the business teams.
• Develop all facets of the Customer relationship.
• Represent Unilever on the Retail Advisory Board of The National Association of Chain Drug Stores.
• Lead the global relationship between Unilever and the Walgreens Boots Alliance.
• Bachelors’ degree required
• At least 10 to15 years’ experience as a CD Leader in Consumer Goods with both field and headquarters experience (Trade/Customer Marketing experience required). Preferred experience in diverse market segments and multiple channels. Ability to provide leadership and direction for “best practice” implementation.
• Developing marketing plans with the objective of growing a business (Customer marketing experience is a plus). This executive should have proven experience thinking “out of the box” to develop target markets and segments using multiple channels
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop strategies, tactics and measurable implementation plans across many areas. Proven track record of successfully working in a complex, matrix organization
• Ability to impact and influence different areas of the organization, including VPs, Directors and Chairman. Experience setting and also rallying different stakeholders behind the established vision; ability to liaise with regional teams at all levels
• Create a clear view of the future state, helping others understand and feel how things will be different when this is achieved. Have a practical know-how, demonstrating results orientation while empowering and holding the team accountable for results.
• Manage through persuasion and influence rather than power. Inspire credibility. A visible mentor and coach
Skills & Abilities:
• Customer Management and Selling Essentials
Leverage Unilever information & technology to make optimum business decisions with Unilever’s Customers, Channels, & Third Party Selling Partners. Consistently apply project management, structured selling & negotiation techniques to achieve Customer Business Plan.
• Developing the Customer / Channel Business Plan
Work with the Customer to co-create a structured Business Plan that takes into account both the Customer’s / Partner’s and Unilever’s strategies to achieve the best results. Take responsibility for the quality and delivery of the Business Plan to meet the profit and volume requirements of the company and the customer.
• Leveraging Strategic Customers
Develop and fully implement common policies & processes for all Strategic Customers, covering Unilever trade, pricing, ranging, merchandising & promotions, new product introductions, and on-shelf availability. Maximize the Customer as a communication channel to expose and convert the Customer’s shoppers to purchase Unilever brands. Coordinate the alignment of the Unilever functional objectives in managing Strategic Customers. Ensure that Unilever management is fully engaged with their relevant counterparts in the Customer organization.
What can we offer you?
• Work with Global iconic brands!! Check out our amazing portfolio: https://www.unileverusa.com/brands/
• "Agile" working - flexibility to work from home
• Opportunity to work with a key strategic customer
• Career growth - we offer best in class training & development programs!
• Collaborative work environment - we believe working together achieves the best results
• Competitive base salary and bonus structure
• Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Matching 401(k)
• Paid vacation & holidays
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law. Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.