The Sales Designate role is designed as a 3-9 month leadership training program. As a Sales Designate, you will receive a customized on-boarding plan to assimilate and assure skill transfer in preparation for a Sales District Leader position. You will learn the Frito Lay Route Sales System and base skills of the Sales District Leader position. You will gain exposure to the key players and functions across the Region Business Team. The training and assimilation for this position involves 4-6 months of route level work to learn the foundation of the business and develop an understanding of our DSD network and supply chain. The job is in a physical work environment with varying length work days/schedule. In the CPG industry, weekends and holidays are often our most demanding days. Candidates must be willing and prepared to work weekends and holidays as is required.
Upon completion of the training program, you will share responsibility for all aspects of managing a sales district of 10-12 Route Sales Representatives (RSR) with varying levels of experience and education. Each Sales District Leader leads a 5-10 Million dollar business. You will be responsible for administrative and technical support, as well as facilitating information. The Sales District Leader Designate must manage multiple tasks simultaneously. The Sales Associate must be able to analyze situations accurately taking effective action under narrow time constraints. It is imperative that you have strong leadership skills, good communication skills and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.Key Responsibilities:
- Successfully complete all activities included in the Sales District Leader training program
- Successfully interact with Customers and effectively execute sales programs and initiatives
- Lead district meetings focused on plan to achieve sales objectives and other goals
- Conduct one-with-one meetings with RSR's to discuss performance
- Conduct "work-with" and coaching sessions with RSR's to develop their selling and customer service skills
- Coach RSR's to successfully sell against baseline and promotion opportunities
- Collect, chart and interpret statistical data; manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to customers as required
**Location flexible - Albuquerque or Farmington*** Qualifications/Requirements Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Authorized to work in United States on a permanent basis
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Clean driving record for the past 3 years
- Must pass a drug screen and background investigation
- Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and/or certification may also be required.
- Must be willing to drive a step van for 6+ months during training and on the job as needed
- Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Highly motivated self starter
- Skilled at managing financial results
- Prior related experience, preferably in Food /Beverage, DSD/Retail, etc.
- Prior experience leading a team of people
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.