Principal, Sales Enablement Specialist - Platform
An opportunity to be a catalyst of change as Oracle transforms the way that it enables its hardware sales organization. As a Platform Sales Enablement Specialist you will be responsible for defining and delivering an enablement program for Sales Leaders and Sales Representatives globally. The enablement program will motivate all client-facing employees and provide relevant materials to allow the Sellers to engage clients in conversations which explore new ways for Oracle to add business value. Based on the Sellers persona you will align the content with the sellers and buyers journey, thus building confidence and preparing them for the transformational sales that will enable customers to make the journey to the Cloud.
You will work with senior stakeholders within the business units to define and establish enablement priorities for the business. Delivering on these priorities by creating and leading global virtual teams comprised of representatives from all applicable functions.
The ideal candidate has an in depth understanding of the Sales Leader and Sales Representative journey as well as the Customer buying journey. Additionally having an appreciation for the Oracle selling motion and a proven track record in translating market opportunities into scalable and impactful enablement are also required. The focus will be on creating a team of committed and empowered Sales Leaders and Sales Representatives that have the right knowledge, skills and confidence to meet and exceed their goals.
To be successful in this role requires a team player approach, extraordinary organizational skills, the ability to work across organizations with disparate needs, creativity and original thinking to proactively identify new and different approaches to delivering content and measuring the effectiveness of that delivery.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment:
- Understand Sellers - facilitate the preparation of sellers to create and capture demand within their accounts and add value to all clients
- Share information - help Sellers understand and confidently convey the latest and most strategic initiatives, specific offerings and value propositions
- Build Conversations - identify and curate the most compelling conversations incorporating the use of story telling
- Transfer Knowledge - provide timely knowledge and skills transfer by sharing applied experiences
- On-Boarding - bring sales reps on-board through a smooth process of getting started with a 30-60-90 day plan that involves training, mentoring and includes their manager as appropriate
- Strategy - assist with the creation and improvements to the sales strategy, territory plans, and sales processes so sales reps can focus on the job of selling to the right accounts
- Process - identify best practices and potential differences per segment that will improve win rates or shorten deal time
- Partner - with senior sales leadership to create the annual business unit enablement plan with quarterly deliverables and manage trade-offs over the course of the year
- Develop and drive content - in conjunction with other key stakeholders to address key business unit priorities as identified by senior sales and business unit leadership
- Partner - with GEO sales and marketing enablement teams to drive scale and repeatability across the globe
- Identify and engage with third party vendors - to fill sales skill competency gaps as needed
- Tools - select and manage the tools to enable the sales processes and training efforts, including ensuring the tools are being used by the sales organization with a positive ROI
- Measure - ensure the overall enablement efforts are having positive impact on productivity by measuring overall deal volume and velocity, including ramp time for new employees
- BS/BA required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 6 years of sales experience with a focus on Cloud
- Understanding of Adult Learning and Development concepts
- Proactive, creative, entrepreneurial and results oriented. Comfortable presenting and engaging with cross-functional teams and executive management
- Able to prioritize requests based on importance and timing of key events. Example events include Sales Kickoff, Quarterly Operations reviews, Board meetings and more
Work Location: SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA | US West Coast
Open to considering candidates based in any US location. San Francisco Bay Area and candidates based on the US West Coast preferred.
Travel Component: 2 0% to 50%
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Oracle supports workforce diversity and is an equal employment opportunity employer.Qualifications:
Development and implementation of business plans, marketing strategy, and forecasts for a product/service or vertical market.
As a product analyst you will participate in every stage of the product life cycle to ensure product meets the needs of users. Drive the implementation of programs in support of the marketing strategy, business plans, and forecasts for assigned product lines. Maintains current status of customer specifications for existing and future products. Identify, evaluate, and recommend marketing opportunities in support of product line objectives. Drive product functionality delivering high quality product documentation. Lead products through scheduled release assisting others to manage commitments and resources. Measure and report progress and review deliverables.
Acknowledged authority within the Corporation. Provides leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Demonstrated product/project management experience. Ability to work with Executives. Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal communication. Demonstrated product/project management experience. Creative, energetic, and enthusiastic. Team player. Experience using or implementing Oracle, SAP, or Peoplesoft applications. Basic HTML and web technology skills a plus. BA/BS/MBA degree.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.