Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Sales Enablement is a vital function at Workday with the key goal of improving overall sales productivity. This will be accomplished by equipping Workday's Sales organization with the ability to successfully sell, deliver, and support Workday's products, technologies, and solutions.
The core charter of Sales Enablement at Workday is to ensure that when a Workday salesperson interacts with a prospect/customer they have the skills, knowledge, tools and processes required to be successful. Sales Enablement's ultimate goal is to assist account executives in accelerating pipeline development and opportunity cycles.
The Program Manager is responsible for defining and implementing Workday's Account Executive's training initiatives and skills development programs across all lines of business. Additionally they will be responsible for leading and managing third-party vendors to support and integrate specific content, sales playbooks and our sales training initiatives. This position will partner with the Sales Enablement team and other internal groups (e.g. Marketing, Operations, Business Development Team, etc.) to support multiple Sales Growth Initiatives.
The candidate needs to establish/refine the program, as well as lead and manage it. This is a highly organized and programmatic professional who has experience devising and running similar programs.
Strategy and Planning
• Build out a multi-year certification roadmap for Product and Skills Training for the Sales organization; oversee the development and deployment of curriculum plans.
• Work closely with Sales and Product Marketing to create sales messaging to enable the global sales force to have consistent, effective and engaging sales conversations with prospects and customers at each stage of the sales cycle.
• Work with Sr. Director to anticipate resource needs and investment requirements.
• Create strong working relationships with senior leaders within the Sales and Strategic Solutions, Product, Operations, HR, Learning and Development organizations.
Program Management & Facilitation
• Create and manage development programs based on our existing competency levels for Account Executives.
• Develop product and skill development curriculum, training programs, techniques and certification programs.
• Responsible and accountable for content quality; tracking metrics and periodic reviews.
• Serve as a key facilitator across sales training programs with motivational, high-impact facilitation style, credibility and personal presence.
• Manage the rollout, adoption and knowledge transfer on best practices on how to leverage key sales tools across the sales cycle.
• Work with Marketing and Sales to include engaging learning events in regional/global sales meetings.
• Minimum of 10 years of professional work experience with a minimum of 5 years' experience in corporate sales training and curriculum development within global high tech organization.
• Strong interpersonal skills; leads by inspiring; enjoys working with others in a collaborative, social environment; effective at building and maintaining strong relationships.
• Passion for excellence and high quality in the finished product; attention to detail is critical to success.
• A passion for Sales and a strong understanding of sales methodologies and solution/challenger selling; selling experience a plus.
• Proven experience with adult learning principles and course design techniques (1) design; (2) build; (3) run/manage the program.
• Experience working cross-functionally and with third-party vendors to develop training initiatives.
• Sound knowledge of the fundamentals of learning management system, instructional design, eLearning 2.0, or social learning concepts.
• Strong project management and organizational skills, ability to multi-task.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including instructional, facilitation, and presentation skills.
• Excellent proficiency in PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, and WebEx.
• Willing to travel up to 25%+ of the time.
BS/BA Required. MBA is preferred but not required.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.