Sales Engineer Director – Washington, DC
Join one of the best kept secrets within Dell. Our North American Enterprise Division is looking for a Sales Engineer Director to lead a team of sales engineers for our Federal division.
Dell North American Enterprise Division is committed to attracting and retaining exceptional individuals who want to work for an exceptional company. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability - people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our customers' success.
A career as a Sales Engineer Director one which is truly exciting, highly dynamic, challenging and very rewarding. This position is a leader of our consultative selling engineers that represents our enterprise products such as PowerEdge, PowerVault, Compellent, Equallogic and Dell Networking.
- Manage Federal pre-sales field technical sales team members and leads support activities for the development and implementation of complex, and specialized Dell Storage, Networking, Peripherals and Servers businesses that include products, applications, services and solutions
- Directs the deployment of specialist resources into accounts to identify and support qualified opportunities
- Provides/oversees pre-sales technical support in sales presentations and product demonstrations
- Directs the efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the group
- Manages the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and effective workforce
- Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members
- Develops and executes sales engineering and/or complex specialist selling strategies and identifies opportunities for process improvements
- Provides technical expertise to sales organization in selecting, implementing and developing competitive product and services applications and solutions
- Coordinates with account management resources to make customer calls and presentations as well as participate in bid and walk-through meetings with the customer as necessary
- Ensures proposed solution meets the technical and business needs of the customer
- Estimates overall solution performance, and price for budgetary estimates
- Serves as thought leader and company subject matter expert on specific technical projects with customers
- 10 years of customer facing experience
- 8-10 years of U.S. Federal government industry experience
- Knowledge of enterprise and data center technologies
- Understanding of Federal System Integrators and Federal Channel business
- BS Degree or experience equivalent
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
*Why work with us?*
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
*Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:*Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
**Job:** **Outside Sales - Sales Engineering Manager*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions*
**Title:** *Sales Engineer Director - Washington D.C.*
**Requisition ID:** *16000OB6*