ESI (Extreme Scale Infrastructure) Solutions Architect
A career as a pre-sales ESI Solutions Architect is one which is truly exciting, highly dynamic, challenging and very rewarding. This position is a technical, consultative solution selling role targeting Hyperscale accounts. The compensation is one based on an 80/20 bi-annual plan (80% base and 20% commission) with six month target goals.
The Solutions Architect will be responsible for working with the regions field sales account executives and their technical sales team to apply Dell's ESI group to the customer's challenges. The Solutions Architect will be an integral part of the solution sales effort and will take the lead role in recommending the appropriate solutions for the customer. For larger, more complex solutions, the Solutions Architect will take primary role as subject matter expert, in customer interactions.
As the Solutions Architect, it is expected that you will drive the demand and opportunities in your area and ensure the respective sales teams learning through your leadership. As the primary representative of Dell’s ESI group you will be responsible for identifying, qualifying and closing these opportunities with our customers. You will be responsible for working with your local account teams to ensure they are discovering and pre-qualifying these opportunities for you.
The Solutions Architect is also responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with the key decision makers and executives within your customers. It is expected that you will leverage these relationships to ensure Dell ESI is best positioned to solve your customers’ problem.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, Ability:
· Must have a thorough understanding of, and experience with, servers, storage, basic networking and enterprise software.
· Candidate must demonstrate a working knowledge in high performance systems (large scale installations, clustering, high throughput, etc), familiarity with customer challenges (modeling, simulation, large scale problems, Microsoft and Linux systems software, networking, and server/storage management and IT consolidation principles).
· A working knowledge of Data Centers (power and cooling schemes, etc), enterprise technologies, etc.
· A minimum of 5 years technical/sales/server architecture/pre-sales engineer-like work experience
· A minimum of 5 years selling end to end solutions leveraging a wide variety of technologies.
· Customer facing experience and the ability to deal with ambiguity is a must.
· Ability to translate complex technical topics to any level within a company (IT Admin to the CEO).
· The candidate must be able to work independently, with strong written and oral communication skills.
· Selling skills and excellent time management skills required.
This position will be will be responsible for driving new acquisition business.
· ~35% travel required.
**Job:** **Outside Sales - Sales Engineering*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions*
**Title:** *Sales Engineer IV*
**Location:** *CA-San Jose*
**Requisition ID:** *160010CG*