Under general direction of the District Director (DD), the Sales Executive, Community & Specialty Pharmacy uses the AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation (ABDC) Challenger Sales process to sell AmerisourceBergen's Suite of Offerings (PRxO Generics, programs, services, systems) to existing primary and secondary customers in the retail and alternate care (e.g., Independent Retail, LTC) business segments within a specific customer assignment. Promotes and delivers targeted programs and offerings in order to expand and retain existing business resulting in driving value to increase loyalty, margin and profitable revenues. The Sales Executive is the primary point of contact for drug distribution customers within assigned territory. Responsible for meeting specific business targets set in cooperation with the District Director for each customer. This role requires extensive travel within the designated sales territory covering Ontario, CA; Riverside, CA and Palm Springs, CA. The incumbent will ideally live in the territory. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Increases ABDC's business (revenue, profit and margin) via account penetration and "stickiness" through development of productive business relationships by understanding the customers' strategic business objectives, how their decisions are made and their position in the market, which results in the identification of opportunities and challenges that can be addressed by ABDC's Suite of Offerings.
- Is responsible for overall account growth and contract compliance, including generics penetration and compliance.
- Is responsible for taking secondary customers to primary by executing sales expansion using ABDC's Suite of Offerings.
- Develops and maintains a strong base of working knowledge of the retail and alternate care customers and markets through the use of ABDC training, District Director coaching, display of market/customer business curiosity, industry information and company literature, which allows for successful execution of ABDC sales strategies and commercial insights.
- Develops strong competitive knowledge at both the broad market level (e.g., services provided by competitors) and the specific customer level (e.g., what is the specific competitive environment for this customer) to teach the customer and tailor the solution allowing for targeted and appropriate application of ABDC Suite of Offerings.
- Leverages additional service and sales channels such as Customer CARE and Inside Sales to address day-to-day standard service issues resulting in maximized "selling time" when working with customers while maintaining a cohesive "face" of ABDC to the customer.
- Works directly with District Director, Business Development Managers, Pharmacy Solutions Specialist, and corporate sales associates to transition newly acquired business to the individual territory assignment. May assist with onboarding new accounts (new account paperwork, customer financials, etc).
- Develops and implements timely strategies/tactics designed to successfully renew Prime Vendor Agreements (PVA) with current customers and implement new PVAs resulting in continual retention of profitable accounts in the individual sales assignment.
- Partners across functional and organizational lines by engaging and working directly and collaboratively with subject matter experts during the sales process to execute sales expansion and maintenance strategies using ABDC's Suite of Offerings to address customer specific needs ; subject matter expects include the Corporate Marketing & Solution groups, PHS, PRxO Generics and Pharmacy Solutions Specialist.
- Works with District Director to proactively develop and implement an annual skill development plan which results in ongoing improvement in Challenger selling skills, Suite of Offerings, key financial metrics for ABDC and market/customer knowledge (e.g., training, seeking coaching from District Director)
- Successfully participates in required sales training that continually develops the ABDC Challenger Sales process skills resulting in improved customer sales productivity. Actively seeks additional training and professional development opportunities to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Continually maintains and inputs account activity/results information and tracks interactions in the CRM and other appropriate sales management tools.
- Develops and delivers tailored, professional, and impactful presentations to existing customers, utilizing the ABDC Challenger selling approach as well as other company resources such as the AmerisourceBergen Sales Portal, ePresentation and eBrochures.
- Utilizes sales reporting tools to identify and analyze opportunities to expand current customer business through implementation of ABDC's Suite of Offerings and create action plans as needed.
- Working knowledge of customer invoicing, payment terms, collections and customer payment history as necessary to assist Accounts Receivable as required from time-to-time.
- Must consistently display a positive approach and effort as needed in order to meet sales objectives.
- Must be willing to travel extensively (including overnight travel) within the assigned customer base and geographic territory; travels to events such as conferences, national and district sales meetings.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires a demonstrated history of successful application of consultative selling skills in a diverse customer market place resulting in improved customer sales.
- Broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education are required.
- Normally requires five (5) plus years directly related and progressively responsible sales experience.
- B2B sales experience
- Experience selling services to small businesses
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry, retail and alternate care segments is desirable.
- Advanced challenger selling and sales analytical skills and desire to continually develop/hone them
- Working knowledge of retail and alternate care industries, trends, and challenges facing customers
- Advanced working knowledge of suite of ABDC programs and offerings that can offer increased customer value and enhance stickiness
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and adapt communication style to various audiences
- Ability to actively listen and influence others with different points of view
- Advanced understanding of financial concepts relevant to maximizing sales profit (e.g. profit and loss statements, value)
- Excellent customer service skills to address potential issues through channels such as Customer Care without compromising selling-focused conversation
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to change, and successfully monitor multiple tasks without sacrificing quality or timeliness of work
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong time management skills; ability to schedule customer appointments in advance
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.