Under direction and overall plan of the District Director - Health Systems, the Sales Executive, Health Systems works with customers to proactively and reactively help identify, understand, and resolve business, distribution, and operational issues; responds to customer inquiries and takes actions essential to maintaining favorable customer relations. The Sales Executive promotes the use of and consultatively sells AmerisourceBergen distribution and other solutions to expand business with existing customers in the health systems business segment within a specific geographic area, along with working to identify and bring on new business to expand overall AmerisourceBergen business. This role promotes and delivers targeted programs and solutions in order to expand and retain existing business resulting in increased profitable revenues. Overall, builds a long-term business partnership with each assigned customer based in trust and confidence that their needs and issues will be addressed and resolved in a timely and professional manner. The territory for this position covers West Virginia, eastern Kentucky, eastern and southern Ohio. The incumbent will ideally live in the greater Lexington, KY area or western West Virginia. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Increases AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation's (ABDC's) business (revenue and profit) via account penetration and "stickiness" through development of productive business relationships, which result in the identification of opportunities and challenges that can be addressed by ABDC's programs/solutions/services.
- Identifies potential new customers within territory and works directly with subject matter experts during the sales process to prospect account needs and design consultative sales strategies to secure an RFP, negotiate terms, and bring on new business.
- Works in a collaborative fashion directly with District Director, Manager and corporate sales associates to assist in the sale of new business and then takes the lead to transition newly acquired business to the individual territory assignment.
- Develops and implements timely strategies/tactics designed to successfully renew Prime Vendor Agreements with current customers resulting in continual retention of profitable accounts in the individual sales assignment.
- Leverages additional service and sales channels such as Customer Care to address day-to-day standard service issues resulting in maximized "selling time" when face-to-face with customers.
- Surfaces customer needs through a strong knowledge of the customer's business and deep relationship and identifies potential ABC programs/solutions opportunities that would benefit the customer's business (e.g., specialty services). Enrolls customers in programs/solutions and helps them get the most out of their involvement through regular visits and/or discussions.
- Engages and works directly and collaboratively with subject matter experts during the sales process to execute sales expansion and maintenance strategies using company programs, solutions and services to address customer specific needs; subject matter expects include the Corporate Marketing & Solution groups, PHS, and PRxO Generics.
- Utilizes sales results AmerisourceBergen Reporting Tools to identify opportunities to expand current customer business through implementation of ABDC's solutions, programs and services.
- Proactively anticipates, investigates, and resolves customer issues (e.g., stock shortages) both in the field and remotely via phone. Responsible for "end to end" total issue resolution and developing and executing an independent plan to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develops strong competitive knowledge at both the broad market level (e.g., services provided by competitors) and the specific customer level (e.g., what is the specific competitive environment for this customer) allowing for targeted and appropriate application of ABDC programs/solutions/services.
- In a timely manner, continually maintains and inputs all customer and key interactions or account activity/results information and tracks interactions in The Hub and other appropriate sales/customer relationship management tools to identify opportunities, facilitate issue resolution, periodic reporting and coordination.
- Trains and offers advice to ensure customers maximize the value of their ABDC solutions, with a particular focus on effectively utilizing features of ABDC programs and advising customers on ABDC systems and solutions.
- Effectively and efficiently manages the assigned territory with a regular call cycle that results in the delivery of appropriate/defined customer touches while also making off-cycle, discretionary calls, as situations require.
- Works with District Director to proactively develop and implement an annual skill development plan which results in ongoing improvement in selling skills, program/service/solution and market/customer knowledge (e.g., training, seeking mentoring from District Director)
- Successfully participates in required sales training that continually develops consultative selling skills resulting in improved customer sales productivity. Actively seeks additional training, RSD mentorship and professional development opportunities to enhance skills and working knowledge of the Hospital System customers and markets.
- Develops and delivers tailored, professional, and impactful presentations to existing customers and utilizing the Challenger selling approach as well as other company resources such as the AmerisourceBergen Sales Portal, ePresentation and eBrochures.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires a demonstrated history of successful application of consultative selling skills in a diverse customer market place resulting in improved customer sales.
- Broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education are required.
- Normally requires five (5) years directly related and progressively responsible sales experience.
- Advanced Challenger selling skills and desire to continually develop/hone them
- Experience selling services
- Advanced knowledge of the Hospital Systems market
- Ability to work well on an independent basis with strong organizational skills; self-starter
- Willingness to travel and attend regular ABC trainings
- Advanced working knowledge of suite of ABDC programs and solutions that can offer increased customer value and enhance stickiness
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Advanced understanding of financial concepts relevant to maximizing sales profit (e.g. profit and loss statements, value)
- Excellent customer service skills to address potential issues through channels such as Customer Care without compromising selling-focused conversation
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Strong consultative selling skills and sales analytical skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong time management skills; ability to schedule customer appointments in advance
- Demonstrates initiative in their own professional development and business curiosity through keeping abreast of the industry and its changes through the use of industry information and company literature.
- Must be willing to travel extensively (including overnight travel) within the assigned customer base and geographic territory; travels to events such as conferences, national and regional sales meetings.