The open Sales Executive position is part of Coca-Cola North America's National Foodservice sales organization and is based in Wisconsin or Minnesota. The position manages large foodservice and on-premise accounts in Wisconsin. The position is responsible for a portfolio of customers in a wide range of channels, primarily including: lodging, gaming, full-service restaurants, and quick-service restaurants. The position is responsible for all aspects of account management, including new business development, project execution, relationship-building, planning, stewardship and the identification and execution of all value-creating sales initiatives. Function Specific Activities:
Job Requirements: Education
- Write Annual Business Plan (APB) for specific customer, group of customers or geography in order to forecast volume, revenue and expense.
- Execute business plan and contingency plan in collaboration with the customer using information collected during the account discovery process (e.g., Identify & Understand Customer Needs, Identifying Opportunities, in-outlet visits) to ensure plan meets customer needs. Solve issues that arise during execution in order to eliminate barriers.
- Conduct regular business reviews with customers in order to monitor relationship, re-affirm strategies linked to needs and steward the business, operational and/or personal value created for the customer by The Coca-Cola Company.
- Participate in contract negotiations/re-negotiations with customer and Coca-Cola System in order to formalize the agreement.
- Collaborate with customers and identify opportunities consistent with the objectives, priorities and strategies of assigned customers through discovery (e.g., in outlet observation, analysis of customer data, marketplace sales data, conversations with customer) in order to prioritize potential focus area(s).
- Meet with senior level buyers in order to build relationships and gain their support and commitment to various initiatives/programs.
- Activate The Coca-Cola Company System (e.g., cross-functional team members, segment resources) to develop and implement business plan/solution that meets customer needs and drives beverage category profit and volume.
- Review monthly volume detail reports to ensure all customer outlets are correctly represented and are active. Accurately forecast volume, revenue and expenses.
- Coordinate implementation of agreed upon activities (e.g., mechanical service, installation, business building initiatives, distribution activities) within geographical responsibility in order to execute plan.
- Gather and analyze customer beverage sales data (e.g., brand package, cup set, package mix, pricing) in order to determine beverage category needs, facilitate marketplace analysis and determine operational needs.
- Build and leverage relationships within and outside the customer's organization to reach implementation of the jointly developed plan.
- Develop customer call strategies to interact with buyers (coaches, gatekeepers) in order to gain access to senior level buyers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience Related Work Experience
- At least 3 years Technical Skills
- Advancing the Customer Relationship: Ability to facilitate and accelerate the business relationship based upon an understanding of the customer. Includes the ability to actively listen and engage in conversation with customers to uncover relevant information, resources and solutions.
- Customer Focus: Making customers (external and internal) and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships; creating and executing plans and solutions in collaboration with the customer.
- Connecting Marketing Programming to Customer/Market Opportunity: Ability to determine relevance of national programs to local customers and markets.
- Annual Business Plan: Ability to prepare and implement annual business plan for customer/territory.
- Customer Knowledge (Business): Knowledge of the customer's business priorities, values and preferences (i.e., business culture, business background, key business objectives and priorities, key business challenges and strengths). Ability to gain customer knowledge by applying Connecting with Customers selling technologies.
- Connecting with Customers Process and Tools Application: Ability to apply KO tools and processes (i.e., Call Plan, Opening Statements, etc.) and demonstrate a deep and personal commitment to create premier customer relationships.
- Customer Relationship Transition: Ability to develop and maintain business to business relationships and transfer personal equity.
- Enduring Customer Relationships: Ability to maintain personal relationships, even as customer buyers change companies in their careers.
- Receiving Customer Transition: Ability to transition into new responsibilities and relationships when acquiring assigned customers.
- Computer Capability: Ability to use information tools/systems to obtain the needed information to evaluate performance and access relevant data.
- Utilize the Coca-Cola selling approach: Use knowledge of Coca-Cola processes and tools to sell products and services to our customers.
- Contract Procedures: Knowledge of contract procedures, negotiations and Coca-Cola system approval processes. Ability to understand and interpret customer contracts.
- Forecasting: Ability to identify and understand patterns and interconnectivity of relevant data (i.e. customers, consumer trends, market info, economic info, industry trends, future business trends, soft drink and other industry information) in order to predict business performance and market trends for a customer portfolio.
- Leading Customer Transition: Ability to seamlessly transition responsibilities, relationships and knowledge of your customer to new associates.
- Questioning to Support Marketing Resource Engagement: Ability to ask appropriate questions in order to engage marketing resources to capture the customer/marketplace opportunity.
- Application of Brand Knowledge: Ability to integrate Coca-Cola brands with customers' brands using brand knowledge.
- Document Processing: Ability to complete and process necessary forms and documents (i.e., expense reports, customer reimbursements, invoices) within appropriate time frames.
- Operations Assessment: Ability to conduct comprehensive assessment of customer's business operations.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES IN MS WORD OR PDF FORMAT
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
The Coca-Cola Company is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands and more than 3,800 beverage choices. Led by Coca-Cola, one of the world's most valuable and recognizable brands, our Company portfolio features 20 billion-dollar brands, many of which are available in reduced-, low- or no-calorie options. Our billion-dollar brands include Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Zero, Fanta, Sprite, vitaminwater and Powerade. Through the world's largest beverage distribution system, we are the No. 1 provider of both sparkling and still beverages. More than 1.9 billion servings of our beverages are enjoyed by consumers in more than 200 countries each day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. For more information, visit Coca-Cola Journey at http://www.coca-colacompany.com/homepage Coca-Cola Beverages (Shanghai) Ltd. an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola Company, provides marketing and technical/quality services to The Coca-Cola Company in China.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.