At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business – quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Center for Excellence. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
National Compliance is responsible for overseeing Verizon Wireless policies, processes, people and systems and partnering with business leaders to identify and mitigate financial, operational, legal, regulatory and reputational risks facing the business unit. The Consultant in Sales Compliance is part of a team that uses risk models to identify sales locations with the highest risk of non-compliance and performs onsite and virtual audits of those locations. The team covers all sales channels.
- Work with the Sr. Manager to manage and assess the risk inherent in the business function under review and make decisions concerning the scope of work to be performed based on those risks. Be the subject matter expert in all processes within scope. Guide a team responsible for using data mining results, statistical analysis and other techniques to assess the effectiveness of system controls and perform testing as needed to identify root-cause issues and formulate improvement recommendations for senior management.
- Take a key role in developing risk assessments, recommendations and field work. Perform on site and virtual visits to retail and other channel locations based on risk model or other standard report results. Work with store managers, district managers and sales operations to ensure action plans are created and executed based on identified areas of opportunity.
- Develop scope of work plans based on compliance channel strategy, and present to leadership as necessary. Work with Sr. Manager to determine modifications to plans as needed to support business priorities and perceived risks to profitability and asset protection.
- Provide knowledge based leadership in driving the automation of controls to improve financial performance and transactional accuracy; the repair of controls that are not functioning as intended; the enhancement of the control environment, where necessary to address current and developing threats; and the overall improvement to change control.
- Manage to frequent, ad hoc requests from various channel, Market and Corporate business units for advice/assistance regarding controls and compliance.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with key internal customers, including senior channel, and Market leaders.
- Partner with Corporate Security, Legal, Human Resources and other teams in conducting investigations of suspected internal fraud.
- Support audit groups—including Corporate Auditing Services and public accountants—in planning and completing their audit engagements.
- Prepare and deliver presentations communicating risks mitigated, and the potential impacts of unmitigated risks to senior management.
- Communicate timely and accurate information regarding findings and improvement recommendations for senior management and monitor management’s improvement actions.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting Finance, Economics, Criminal Justice, Math, or Information Systems; or equivalent work experience.
- Three or more years of work experience with a concentration in operational Compliance, business controls or Finance.
- Experience driving complex solutions and analytics to provide ongoing and automated monitoring of key risks.
- Experience formulating, affecting, interpreting and implementing policies and processes to ensure a strong control environment.
- Working knowledge of statistics, reporting and analytical tools (Tableau, Cognos, Idea, Excel) with the ability to perform in-depth analyses of large datasets to identify activities that require compliance investigation.
- Experience leveraging auditing principles and methods to evaluate policies, processes and systems to identify business risks and control gaps.
- Project management experience with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently leveraging organization and time-management skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint for analytics and presentation.
- Ability to travel to sales locations to perform onsite reviews 26-50% of the time.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to explain confidential and complex issues and make recommendations to leadership.
- Strong analytical, investigative, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated organizational, facilitation, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, on multiple assignments, with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and guide others to further develop individual and team skills.
- A Professional certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE).
- Experience with report writing/database software such as Cognos Impromptu and Teradata SQL Assistant.
- Telecommunications experience.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.