This role reports to the CFO of Kevita and must be based locally in the Kevita Office in Monrovia, CA (with temporary requirements of working out of the Kevita location in Oxnard, CA at least part time through June, 2017). The primary objective of the role is to assist in the monitoring, analysis, and management of all revenue lines of the P&L, to provide analytical support the sales organization, and to provide financial support for new product commercialization.
The scope of the role is to support: ongoing revenue management activities, the period close and forecast cycle, and the assessment of the financial viability of new business ideas (especially pertaining to revenue). This role has two primary responsibilities:
- Support Kevita's Net Revenue performance through financial analytics:
- Act as linkage between FP&A and the Sales organization each period, throughout the AOP cycle and on an ad-hoc basis to understand drivers of financial impacts for each Net Revenue line within the P&L, most notably Field Trade Spending
- Partner with Kevita Sales team to review trade performance in the P&L versus forecast, AOP and prior-year, most particularly around trade liability impacts to the P&L (PYA, PPA, accrual balance impacts by customer team)
- Review drivers of topline sales performance each period through the use of reporting from SAP (and other systems\processes) and provide explanations of performance by channel & planning brand and work with Sales as necessary to understand deeper drivers.
- Develop and regularly complete a detailed rate, mix and volume analysis for gross sales and trade
- Assist in developing Balance-of-Year (BOY) topline volume forecasts by planning brand by channel for each of Kevita's product lines; will collaborate closely with Demand Planning and Sales
- Assist FP&A Analyst by providing necessary trade performance drivers to complete required period-, quarter- and year-end- corporate deliverables and ad-hoc analyses
- Support Kevita's New Product Introduction Process as well as other business initiatives
- Act as financial liaison for Kevita project teams, especially relating to innovation / new product launches.
- Work with other finance partners (SC Finance, Sales Finance, accounting, FP&A) to build and develop complete project P&Ls
- Partner with Marketing Project Lead and Sales Strategy team to develop initial "size of prize" volume estimates
- Complete necessary Stage-Gate financial documents
- Develop and communicate thorough financial risk assessments on projects and be able to effectively relay the information to the project lead(s) as well as within the local finance organization
- Support other ad-hoc business projects / programs by developing necessary P&Ls and other financial analyses
- On-going performance monitoring of initiatives: Understanding, monitoring and communicating key drivers of business performance and profitability by reviewing regularly published scorecards from business counterparts (e.g. market share, innovation trends, volume trends, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in finance/accounting preferred
- 7+ years experience, preferably within a Consumer Packaged Goods environment. Experience in sales finance, revenue management, and/or financial planning & analysis is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (advanced analytical skills in Excel required) Experience with SAP (or other ERP systems) strongly preferred
- Candidate should possess strong analytical & communication skills and have a comfort level in summarizing results for senior management
- Ability to provide leadership to cross-functional teams a plus
- Familiarity with Revenue Management, Trade Promotion, and Sales Forecasting processes preferred
- Familiarity with New Product Introduction, Commercialization or Product Life Cycle processes preferred
- Familiarity with retail and distributor landscape, and multiple go-to-market distribution systems, in the U.S.
- KeVita is a leader in fermented probiotic and kombucha beverages with 3 refreshingly accessible product lines and live probiotics in every bottle. Crafted since 2009, KeVita has grown from a kitchen in Ojai, California to over 20,000 retail locations across North America. KeVita uses only the purest ingredients and pairs age-old techniques with modern technology to provide the finest quality, flavor, and functionality in the market. Our performance-based, fast-paced environment is the perfect opportunity for talented candidates looking for entrepreneurial cross-functional experience.
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.