As a Finance Senior Analyst at PepsiCo, you will be a key Finance contact responsible for providing the financial expertise and recommendations that enable effective decision-making within the business. This is your opportunity to take your financial and analytical skills to the next level with endless possibilities!
The Financial Senior Analyst will be the key finance contact for the Kroger Warehouse Beverages team, specifically for Tropicana and Naked Emerging Brands (NEB). The Finance Senior Analyst will provide overall support for the period end results, preparation of forecasts, Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and Quarterly Business Plans (QBPs), along with financial analysis, reporting and budgeting.Responsibilities include:
- Work with Field Sales and Business Unit Sales Strategy to develop the annual plan (and division business reviews) for sales and trade.
- Provide financial expertise and recommendations to enable effective sales/promotional event decisions for sales. Provide sales with adequate decision making capability to manage trade calendars, investment decisions and overall customer performance.
- Calculate trade accruals for each period close. Monitor period accruals for accuracy as cash spending is processed and update balance sheet (liability balances) as necessary. Ensure accrual process is compliant with all SOX requirements.
- Partner with Customer Financial Services ( CFS ) to analyze deduction/payment processes and timing and the Trade Promotions team to maintain accurate trade accruals.
- Work with Field Sales to develop accurate sales and trade forecasts. Analyze sales and trade variances to AOP, forecast and LY, providing insight to Sales and Business Unit.
- Provide insightful analysis of business results to Senior Management and perform ad hoc analyses that lead to problem solving and business improving recommendations.
- Provide "pre" & "post" promotional event analysis.
- Partner with Field Sales and the Business Unit to work through IFR (Investment Funding Requests).
- Provide periodic reporting to Sales management for tracking business results and identifying potential risks and opportunities.
- Analyze potential trade investment opportunities and provide guidance and financial perspective to Sales.
- Provide coaching to sales to enhance their financial skill sets and build partnering relationships that ensure both functions are working together to enhance team performance.
- Work with cross-functional teams to manage P&L expectations.
- Bachelor's Degree Required (Finance or Business Administration preferred)
Skills & Capabilities:
- 4 - 5 years of finance analyst experience
- Experience with forecasting and budgeting, financial modeling
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to translate analytical findings into actionable solutions and processes
- Ability to function well in a team environment
- Strong communication skills to manage information gathering requests
- Results oriented with the ability to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to quickly learn various in-house software applications
- Aptitude to work with minimal supervision
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 5% of the time
Not Eligible for Relocation