Retail Sales Leads serve as Brand Ambassadors for The Coca-Cola Company by providing impeccable guest service, salesmanship and leadership to other Retail employees and guests. Under the direction and oversight of management, Retail Sales Leads may oversee basic operational functions, including handling customer concerns, verify registers/safe, monitor breaks and lunches, process returns/refunds, on-board / mentor new associates. The Retail Sales Lead Ambassador will refer all duties which require managerial experience and/or approval to the management team (e.g. disciplinary action). Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
In addition to Retail Sales Ambassador roles and responsibilities, the Lead Ambassador is responsible for supporting the store management team in overseeing the operational functioning of the store including, but not limited to:
Leadership Behaviors : Drive Innovation
- Mentor/On-board new Retail Sales Associates.
- Consistently meet performance sales goals
- Drive brand awareness and lasting customer relationships.by converting Guests through interacting with the product, promoting store campaigns and contests
- Act as a Brand Ambassador consistently modeling and upholding The Coca-Cola Company Core Values.
- Handle POS transactions accurately and efficiently.
- Lead and guide and motivate sales floor team by suggesting different approaches to engage with the guest and be used and following up to ensure timely and quality execution against expectations.
- Assist Store Leadership with operational procedures: conducting inventory, cycle counts, ordering, opening and closing registers, counting safe, guest recovery, preparing bank deposits, cleaning, retrieving/sending emails, accepting/receiving shipments, product returns, paid ins/outs, cash refunds and voids, key item walks.
- Act a liaison between store associates and store leadership to create a fun and collaborative work environment.
- Maintain an awareness of loss prevention by supporting a culture of honesty and connecting the links between creating The Experience, store associate engagement and shrink.
- Maintain visual standards and follow the plan-o-grams set by the planners and merchandise manager.
Collaborate with the System, Customers and Key Stakeholders
- Demonstrate constructive discontent; Question when things can be done better and identify improvement areas
- Take appropriate risks and learn from mistakes
- Rapidly implement and commercialize approved ideas
- Propose opportunities for improvement; influence stakeholders to drive execution
- Apply best practices and learning from other parts of the System
Act Like an Owner
- Gain agreement from others to support ideas or take action using fact-based recommendations
- Establish and work to continually improve productive, long-term relationships
- Take action based on knowledge of effective business practices, ensuring internal/external customer needs are met or exceeded
- Consider how work impacts others and act accordingly
- Focus on highest priority actions first; adjust priorities when appropriate to achieve results
- Accomplish objectives; ensure completion of work
- Take action in daily work to positively impact people, communities and the environment
- Use Company resources responsibly
Develop Self and Others:
- Express passion for the System, our brands, business and people; be a brand ambassador
- Align actions and decisions with company vision and strategies
- Persist in achieving goals in spite of barriers or obstacles through personal commitment to work
- Be engaged in work and invest time, passion and best efforts to accomplish goals
- Respect others and be honest and open in order to build credibility and trust
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Respect and leverage individual differences
- Help others learn and grow by providing feedback and mentoring
- Promote the organization to prospective employees and refer great talent to our System
- Ask for and act on feedback from others; Continuously develop through learning from others and sharing knowledge and experience
- Make choices to help balance work and life, in pursuit of bringing personal energy to work, creating overall well-being
Educational Requirements and Experience:
- Dependable with open availability and flexible to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Strong desire and ability to serve customers and solve problems.
- Ability to lead, motivate and promote a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be polished, polite and professional.
- Ability to build and maintain good rapport with internal and external customers and handle situations with confidence, tact and resourcefulness.
- Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Constant walking and standing; frequent
bending, stooping and reaching
- Ability to consistently lift 10-35 lbs.; occasionally lift up to 55 lbs. with the ability to push or pull more than 55 lbs.
- High School graduate or equivalent strongly preferred
- 2 years as a retail lead strongly preferred; prior management experience a plus
- Experience in specialty retail strongly preferred
- Experience with retail POS system a plus
- Fluency in a second language a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite
- Experience mentoring and or training others
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.