This position will support the Sales Force Effectiveness Lead in:
• Enabling the operational effectiveness of the Sales teams of the Internal Medicine franchise by supporting the development and delivery of sales reports
• Sales reporting and analytics execution leading to insight generation
• KPI development and management
• Launch readiness process & tracking for Shire
• Sales reporting dashboard development and management
• Change management, communications, training and support for analytics technology solutions
Possible areas of support this role will provide to Sales Force Effectiveness Lead may range from reviewing draft KPIs, tracking tools, sales report templates/process and dashboards to participating and/or leading the development of those deliverables.
The position will also support the processing, quality assurance, publication of Sales Reports, dashboards and ad-hoc reports. Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports from SFE Leads and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools, as needed.
The position may also partner with other SFE professionals across business units in order to stay abreast of other departmental best practices and be able to communicate those offerings to the Sales Force Effectiveness Lead.
Will help in identifying business risk, opportunities and performance improvement recommendations for all US based sales teams. Will support development of actionable insights which drive sales force effectiveness and assist in growing the business.
This role will be accountable for providing recommendations through the Sales Force Effectiveness Lead on areas that are potential opportunities and risks for Shire based on solid analysis, data and best practice experiences. This role will need to be able to influence without authority and navigate within a matrix environment.
70%: Provide sales & marketing leadership analytics that identify potential opportunity and risks to sales team effectiveness.
Develop and implement Sales Insights Best Practices.
15%: Assess current systems, develop KPIs, monitor performance and design recommendations for best in class future state systems and platforms.
15%: Coordinate with and support of US Sales Leads on sales insights needs, as requested.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• A Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Marketing or related subject is preferred.
• 3-5 years Sales Analytics experience.
• Strong analytical skills with the capability to appropriately define issues, questions and data; to perform accurate analysis (correctly calculated numbers, accurate graphs); to cross-check data and assumptions; to document and establish data trails; and to think creatively about different ways to analyze data and information.
• Functional working knowledge of the pharmaceutical sales process
• Ability to work well with others
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
• Experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry preferred
Other Job Requirements:
20% Travel as required supporting Shire's current & emerging footprint. Duties will sometimes call for early or late meetings and/or attendance to meetings on holidays and weekends.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.