Sales Internship Summer 2018
Looking for a real world outside sales experience? Look no farther than to Penske's Sales Internship program. You will be actively engaged in an entrepreneurial environment steeped in a tradition of success. Shadow our Rental and Lease Sales Representatives to learn prospecting, cross selling, negotiating, closing contract deals, and sales management. Also gain real world business experience, working within other departments in order to foster and grow our customer business. A capstone project will be presented to Area Leadership team, along with fellow interns, during the final week of the program.
Upon completion of the 12 week program and successful performance in role, top performers will have the opportunity to come on board through a full-time Rental Sales Representative position after graduation. Relocation assistance would be available for qualified candidates. The Rental Sales Representative position includes a base salary, commission, car, cell phone allowance, laptop and an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, PTO, 401K match, and more.
Currently hiring interns out of the following locations:
Grand Rapids, MI
- Complete inbound and outbound sales process
- Generate new business leads and maintain existing customer relationships
- Acquire skills to cross-sell solutions to new and existing customers
- Manage and oversee large fleet of vehicles
- Ensure complete customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
- Work in a team environment towards common goals
- Coordinate all aspects of customer's relationships
- Present capstone project to Area Leadership team
- Two years completed within a four- year degree program - Pursuing a degree in sales or program with sales specialization
- Strong work ethic and initiative
- Ability to make independent decisions, work well in a team environment, customer service skills, organizational skills, and a positive attitude are required.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
- Willingness to work the required schedule (40 hours/week) at the specific location required (travel as necessary)
- Students looking for an internship are required to review this position with their school representatives for any qualified education credits
- Accurately complete Penske's employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, General Electric Capital Corporation and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 216,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.