Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Sales Leader - Retail Innovation will lead sales, engagement and business development efforts with strategic large enterprise accounts. PayPal's In-store initiative is one of our key identified growth areas. In this role, a senior and experienced enterprise technology sales executive will have responsibility for identifying, managing and closing significant opportunities with innovative retailers, primarily in the Canadian market.
This role will focus on the Canada market. It could be based in Toronto, or in a major US city near Toronto.
This individual will be able act as a subject matter expert and convey best practices in digital, commerce and the evolving consumer-retailer relationship as the retail industry transforms to create new and innovative ways to engage in commerce. These will include mobile and digital payment capabilities, but it will equally include complimentary technology and services related to customer acquisition, marketing, offers and loyalty as key components of the overall customer engagement solution. This role will greatly expand the ability of the In-store team to support the global effort to grow in-store and accelerate our sales activity, resulting in $2-5M in additional revenue and $200-500M in TPV Requirements
- The ability to work across the key functional areas and stakeholders in digital, mobile, marketing, ecommerce and innovation in order to position PayPal and its unique technology and services as a strategic, long-term partner
- Skilled at articulating the strategic vision and value proposition of PayPal In-store
- Adept at creating new relationships, helping to set strategy and putting together executable campaigns and operations
- An understanding of key retailer success metrics and KPIs
- A strong and proven track-record in enterprise selling
- The ability to engage and interact at the EVP/C-level with very large retailers
- The ability to design and execute comprehensive sales and engagement plans from inception through close and deployment
- Working with the sales and relationship management teams in each of the geographic regions, globally, it also requires the ability to navigate PayPal internally and to work with senior PayPal management
- Bachelor's degree, MBA a plus
- 10+ year's experience, start-up experience a plus
- Technology sales background at the enterprise level
- Track record of solution selling
- Astute problem solving skills
- Professional poise and gravitas
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.