Responsible for promoting Hart & Cooley and Selkirk products at commercial representatives located in the Midwest of the United States. Understand sales targets for assigned accounts and develop account specific strategies for achieving those targets. Understand customer needs and ensure that Hart and Cooley is exceeding our customer's expectations and continues to be a trusted business partner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
• Develop sales forecast to project revenues and product sales
• Attend trade shows to expand customer base and build relationships with current customers.
• Delivers sales presentations and product training to customers and consulting engineers.
• Meets with key clients, maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
• Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
• Prepare itineraries, call reports and monthly business reports with sufficient detail and in a timely manner.
• Participate in special sales projects, such as new product introductions, sales promotions, advertisements, etc.
• Monitors and evaluates competitor activities and products.
• Addresses customer complaints and actively participates in problem resolution.
• Assist inside sales and customer service with orders, pricing for quotes, and escalated customer issues.
• Communicate with Plant officials to ensure timely product shipments, resolve problems, recommend equipment and product improvements, and verify order status.
• Use market knowledge to influence decisions regarding customer pricing and sales programs.
• Communicate with the Customer Service Supervisor in determining the need to issue credits or return product to facility.
• Handle additional responsibilities and projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or Engineering (or equivalent).
• Minimum five years of industry experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Proficient written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient at MS Office products (Excel, Word, Power Point)
• Effectively manage workforce to meet or exceed sales expectations.
• Strong problem resolution and negotiation skills.
• Ability to develop relationships with new and current customers.
• Approximately 70% travel required
• Willingness to travel weekly with overnight stays
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.