Aquent is the world's largest and most successful DIGITAL, CREATIVE and MARKETING STAFFING FIRM. We're hiring a SALES MANAGING DIRECTOR in our SEATTLE office who will help grow revenue with one of our largest technology clients. In this role, you'll manage people, P&L, projects, and a sales funnel. You'll act as a manager and an individual contributor helping Aquent grow our business with this valued client.
Sales Managing Director
Overview of Role
The Managing Director leads the sales, and service efforts to grow Aquent business within a particular business vertical. The Managing Director has overall P&L and staff management responsibility for that business vertical. S/he implements the overall vision for the vertical. The qualified candidate will be an inspiring leader with demonstrated skills building cohesive teams.
The successful Sales Managing Director has a deep understanding of the staffing industry, the managed services (creative, content, digital, marketing) industry, as well as, the needs of our marketing and creative talent base. S/he is able to present Aquent services to our Clients, and illustrate how Aquent can contribute to their success through our staffing services and managed service solutions. S/he has a genuine interest in the marketing, creative & digital fields and is viewed as an industry leader in the execution of marketing strategy for multiple diverse clients.
Primarily, the Managing Director (MD) will lead the client development and engagement strategy across the team and will hold key relationships within the client base. More than a producer, this role is critical to the overall strategy development for maintaining current business and springboarding to new opportunities through developing positioning, case studies and relationships.
The MD will set the vision for our team of design, production, copywriting, editorial and other resources developing a high volume of creative deliverables across all print and digital media types through our managed services engagements.
The MD will also serve as a strategic partner to clients, providing creative leadership in developing multi-channel resources and managing to critical brand standards, guidelines, requirements and compliance to ensure successful delivery of projects. S/he is an engaging communicator, working effectively across all levels of the organization to influence direction and outcomes.
The MD will have prior experience selling services into Fortune 500 tech companies. Will have managed a book of business over $20m. Will have managed a team of sales and operations professionals. Will have demonstrated success coaching, mentoring and building successful cohesive teams. Will have experience building a sales pipeline in collaboration with the team.
- Successful track record in client services: understanding the client's business and setting and managing client expectations.
- Successful track record of developing business development strategy, areas of opportunity and a high close ratio.
- Understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings
- Ability to accurately estimate project requirements and timelines identifying the approach, resources and tools required
- Demonstrated ability to select, manage and lead resources in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal input from direct management
- Thought leadership for the industry
- Manage contractual obligations
- Build and leverage global relationships
- Determine and champion needed resources
- Senior level participation and management of industry events
- Identify and communicate sales methodology for industries
- Build and maintain C-level relationships within key accounts
Signs of Success:
- Business development and expansion strategic expert
- Drive increased customer loyalty
- Ability to build effective and productive business plans and strategies
- Ability to manage, mentor and lead team members through periods of sustained change
- Ability to attract, hire and retain best in class team members
- Lead, coach and mentor sales force to consistently develop new business through positive positioning
- Ensuring fulfillment of client expectations and requirements
- Ensure best in class customer service
Leadership: The successful candidate is internally driven, goal-oriented, strategic and confident in setting individual and team goals and has proven results establishing, growing and leading team. The Managing Director is a motivator, knows when and how to raise the bar and can effectively communicate goals and vision. With the Managing Director's leadership, staff will feel empowered to grow the business as well as understand they are responsible and accountable for their own actions. The Managing Director leads with sound business strategy and tenacious tactical execution. S/he is constantly seeking improvement and demonstrates a genuine concern for Aquent's business through a holistic approach to our learning and growth. The Managing Director seeks success for his/her staff and peers and regularly participates in cross-functional teams that impact Aquent's future.
Communication skills : The Managing Director is articulate and able to express ideas effectively to all levels of buyers and in front of both individuals and large groups. S/he excels in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and can easily guide a large team with his/her exceptional change management skills. The ideal candidate is a persuasive team builder who leads through consensus with staying focused on the achievement of aggressive business goals. S/he has a proven ability to effectively handle conflict and to quickly synthesize and effectively share information. This person is an active listener and consistently checks with his/her audience to ensure that what is shared is also understood. S/he is effective at communicating by phone, written word and in face-to-face meetings and is well-versed in current technologies. The Managing Director is a natural relationship builder and networker with a track record of outstanding customer service evidenced by long-term relationships in a variety of roles. S/he has developed and successfully implemented processes that positively impact business results and can lead a team quickly adopt new business practices.
Fanatical customer service: The Managing Director sets the standard for customer service. S/he takes responsibility for finding solutions or redirecting others to appropriate channels and responds to all service issues with an incredible sense of urgency, whether from client, Talent or staff. The Managing Director projects a pleasant and reassuring manner and ensures prompt follow-up and follow-through from everyone in his/her team. S/he is extremely organized and an outstanding problem-solver with the ability to find positive outcomes to the most challenging situations.
A Bit About Aquent:
- Work/life balance: we say it, we mean it
- We celebrate out-of-the box thinkers and believe in promoting from within
- Generous benefits package: medical, vision, and dental benefits, generous 401(k) plan, FSA, tuition reimbursement, paid sick/vacation time and more
- Vacation when you need it: unusually generous and flexible vacation offered; we believe in rewarding hard work as you achieve your goals
- Free use of company's Hawaii beach house
- Individualistic Approach: Aquent encourages adding a personal touch to your work; we don't believe in a "one-size-fits-all" approach
- Industry Reputation: We're the world's largest Creative staffing firm
If this sounds like you, click APPLY!
Aquent/Vitamin T is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Aquent helps leading companies achieve their goals by connecting them with talented marketing, creative and digital professionals on a contract basis.