Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark's leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation's leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Description: Be a part of a winning team! Aramark @ Citi Field is looking for energetic and self motivated candidates with a proven track record in providing exemplary guest service in a fast paced and diverse environment, working as part of a team, to assist in the Food Service Operations at Citi Field. The ideal candidate will have a flexible schedule and be available to work all New York Mets home games. Season Starts April 3, 2017 Job Summary:
The Sales Office Admin has a passion for the sale and service of food & wine, enjoys guest interaction, and has the ability to inspire and educate the staff. Excellent communication, verbal, and written skills required. Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist guests with menu selections and placing orders, including calling clients for missing information on order forms and confirmation of orders
- Responsible for entering all catering orders and information accurately into the catering system and event files
- Coordinate all requested specialty items ex: balloons, flowers, kosher food with catering sales team, clients and or staff
- Work with Clients, Sponsors, Operations & Culinary teams to communicate any pertinent information and ensure guest satisfaction
- Generate packets for each event to be distributed to kitchen, warehouse, culinary, and FOH
- Responsible for accounts payable and any accounting discrepancies
- Assist FOH and BOH Catering and Suites with scheduling staff and whip edits in ABI.
- Assist in greeting contacts before events and if necessary distributing wristbands and beer coupons to the event contacts
- Responsible for following up with client after events to ensure guest satisfaction
- Follows all policies and procedures as described and outlined in the Aramark employee handbook
- Works with FOH team & chefs on menu development and specials based on guest feedback
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Additional Job Functions:
- Complete special projects as needed
- Complete any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team
Qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- Experience in catering sales as well as an understanding of one or more industry catering systems
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, organization skills, and attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes days, evenings, nights, and weekends
- A background check is required for this position
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 - 3 years work experience in food service
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.