Digital Commercial Professional Services & Support
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It's about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it's about the future of industry-energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It's about making the world work better.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sales Operations Manager
Client, Account and Affiliate Origination and Management
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
District Of Columbia
Northern Mariana Islands
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Drive all aspects of the Commercial Excellence framework. Work closely with Sales Representatives, Sales Managers, and Commercial Leadership to optimize commercial processes, analytics and systems to increase sales productivity and growth. Provide strategic viewpoints and actions to leadership, in partnership with marketing, finance, human resources, and other functional teams to drive change and growth in the assigned region.
* Own pipeline reporting process, partnering with commercial finance and sales management/commercial leadership.
* Work with sales managers to optimize:
* Account prioritization & classification
* Prospecting effectiveness
* Market/Account Coverage
* Pipeline throughput/yield and cycle time
* Won/Loss Analytics
* Work with sales teams to create targeting models that will increase sales efficiency and productivity. Basic knowledge of the following modeling frameworks is required:
* Account & opportunity profiling utilizing regression analysis.
* Fair Share & Share of Wallet assessments utilizing index modeling.
* Aid sales managers in forecasting, opportunity based budgeting (setting of quotas) and optimized deployment of sales resources to increase sales productivity.
* Partner with sales managers and field sales personnel to evaluate and improve functional processes
* Work closely with marketing and inside sales to measure and improve Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
* Create strong partnership with HR Partner to drive consistency across business unit.
* Identify and communicate skill gaps in the sales teams to the enablement leader.
* Assist in the roll-out of new concepts and processes.
* Act as a strategic partner of Commercial Leadership to provide business/market insights and defined actions, based upon interactions with field and interpretation of data.
* Utilize reporting stack (Salesforce.com, DOMO, and Alpine Metrics currently) to design/utilize reports and dashboards to provide commercial intelligence and insight.
* Key Subject matter expert for how the business utilizes Salesforce.com.
* Identify and champion upgrade enhancements for sales team.
* Partner with the SFDC business analyst - assess need and complete use cases for use by the Commercial Platforms Leader (items include process enhancements, new fields, new screens, new functionality, and new reports).
* Utilize knowledge of reporting systems to close training/knowledge gaps identified in interactions with staff in region.
* BS/BA degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering or other technical field.
* 5+ years' experience in marketing, business/sales operations/analytics, or other strategic commercial role.
Eligibility Requirements :
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to travel 50 %
* Must be willing to work in an office located in- OPEN to all locations in the US
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Proven ability to be both strategic and tactical.
* Aptitude in critical thinking and problem solving.
* Strong teamwork and communication skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
* Experience working with Salesforce.com.
* Experience with Business Intelligence or Data Visualization tools (SAS, DOMO, Wave Analytics)
* Background in influencing cross-functional teams toward execution of a strategic initiative. Experience working with a field sales force.
* 3+ years' experience leading small teams in a rapidly evolving organization (Preferred).
* Exhibited capability to break down complex issues with the goal of mitigating/eliminating barriers.
* Independent, self-directed, with a strong attention to detail.
* Strong intellectual curiosity-a desire to identify the "why" in a situation.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.