Acts as the primary store-level sales person to smaller accounts like convenience and gas stores, small grocery stores, drug stores, restaurants, etc. Position has up to 100 accounts that are serviced periodically throughout the week. Responsible for ordering products that will be delivered by another employee to the store. Generates sales by selling to and servicing customers. Rotates and stocks products on shelves and displays, in coolers, vending equipment, and customers' backrooms. Builds displays and sets up promotional materials such as pricing signs and banners. Has frequent interaction with store management. Position requires working across a wide variety of weather conditions.
This position is a labor-intensive position requiring lifting/carrying cases weighing from 25 - 45 pounds repeatedly over 10-12 hour period. Also requires standing, walking, reaching, and squatting while merchandising product.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES: * Grow sales, market share, product distribution, space allocation, in assigned accounts* Solicit new business to increase volume/new package distribution within the area boundaries * Identify customer sales opportunities and sell and execute promotions, place equipment, and sell sufficient products to address the opportunities* Utilize point-of-purchase materials to stimulate sales * Generate sales by maintaining/increasing shelf facings, and cleaning shelves/rotating products* Serve as key point of contact for all customer inquiries and concerns (deliver customer service)* Provide excellent service to assigned accounts and create and maintain goodwill with all customers (e.g., communication, rapport building, attentiveness to customer needs, etc.)* Merchandise product sections and build displays to stimulate sales * Complete required paperwork in an accurate, legible, and timely manner* Utilize hand held devices to input/write orders* Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
* 18 years or older
* Pass the drug test
* Pass the background check
* Must have car to access multi-store locations within assigned shift
* Valid driver's license and proof of insurance
* Experience with merchandising (e.g., standards, plannagrams, product displays, stocking/rotating product, back-room organization, etc.).
* Experience with consumer products (e.g., multiple packages, product sizes, etc.).
* Experience selling beverages and/or consumer products (e.g., making sales calls, filling orders, handling customer problems, etc.).
* Experience with financials (e.g., profit margins, gross profit dollars, etc.).
* Experience performing physical work (e.g., lifting heavy products, walking, bending, etc).
* Experience with serving as a team lead (e.g., communicating, surfacing issues, solving problems, etc.).
* Experience with hand held computers (e.g., mobile technology, etc.).
* Experience with assembling and servicing merchandising equipment (e.g., cold barrels, cooler glides, cleaning parts, etc.).
* Experience with in-store marketing (e.g., POP placement, building creative displays, etc.).
* Experience with paperwork/documentation (e.g., organizing, filing, submitting, etc.).
* Experience with contracts (e.g., setting up new accounts, filing credit applications, etc.).
* Experience with managing a route (e.g., prioritizing stops, setting a schedule, servicing accounts, managing delivery windows, etc.).
* Experience with financial targets (e.g., achieving volume/sales/revenue targets, being held responsible for product breakage, etc.).
* Experience in a retail environment (e.g., working big box, club, convenience stores, etc.).
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.