Position fills-in as the primary store-level sales person to large accounts like supermarkets and is responsible for providing service to and growing business in assigned accounts. Position orders products to be delivered by another employee to the store. Generates sales by selling to and servicing customers. Rotates and stocks products on shelves and displays, in coolers, in vending equipment, and in customers' backrooms. Builds displays and sets up promotional materials such as pricing signs and banners. Has frequent interaction with store management.
This position is labor intensive, requiring lifting, loading, pushing and pulling cases weighing from 20-45 pounds per case repeatedly over 10-12 hour work period. The position requires bending, reaching, and squatting while merchandising and moving product. The position may include weekend and/or holiday work
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES: * Grow sales volume, market share, product distribution, space allocation, and customer service in all assigned accounts* Sell product inventory to standard* Take inventory and place orders for future delivery * Solicit new business to increase volume and new package distribution within the area boundaries * Sell and execute promotions, solicit placement of equipment and sell sufficient product inventory * Utilize point-of-purchase materials to stimulate sales * Generate selling opportunities by maintaining and increasing shelf facings, cleaning shelves, and rotating products* Provide excellent service to assigned accounts and create and maintain goodwill with all customers (e.g., communication, rapport building, attentiveness to customer needs, etc.)* Merchandise product sections and build displays to stimulate sales * Complete paperwork in an accurate, legible, and timely manner * Position requires additional duties as assigned by manager to potentially include, but not limited to, warehouse support, etc.* Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
* 18 years or older
* Pass the drug test and background check
* Must have car or personal transportation to access multi-store locations within assigned shift
* Valid driver's license and proof of insurance
* Experience with consumer products (e.g., multiple products, packages, product sizes, etc.).
* Experience in the beverage industry (e.g., segments, types of customers, competitors, trends, etc.).
* Experience with power equipment (e.g., lift jacks, power jacks, u-boats, pallet jacks, etc.).
* Experience with hand held computers (e.g., mobile technology, etc.).
* Experience with managing inventory (e.g., current stock, projected sales, ordering/re-stocking, etc.).
* Experience with business-to-business selling (e.g., making sales calls, building relationships with customers, handling customer complaints, etc.).
* Experience with merchandising (e.g., standards, plannagrams, product displays, stocking/rotating product, back-room organization, etc.).
* Experience managing incorrect orders (e.g., solving for the wrong order, managing out of stock product, etc.).
* Experience performing financial and mathematical calculations (e.g., calculating profit margins, determining display size, etc.).
* Experience with managing a route (e.g., prioritizing stops, setting a schedule, servicing accounts, managing delivery windows, etc.).
* Experience with incremental selling (e.g., selling above the standard order, suggesting additional product, up selling/suggestive selling, etc.).
* Experience following safety procedures (e.g., proper lifting techniques, following safety processes, etc.).
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.