At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:
3M is seeking a Sales Representative for the Critical and Chronic Care Solutions Division located in Los Angeles, CA.
This position will be responsible for selling the 3M Critical and Chronic Care Solutions product line in Infection Control/IV Therapy. Products include (but not limited to) Vascular Access (Tegaderm, Tegaderm CHG, PICC/CVC, Curos), Advanced Wound Care (Coban) and Medical Tapes. Leveraging current contract positions pertinent to the acute care hospital or hospital system is also required.You will be responsible for, but not limited to the following specific duties:
- Understand sales goals, provide support on developing sales tactics and coordinate efforts in order to fulfill objectives
- Conduct personal research with customers to better understand their needs
- Work with Marketing and Technical Service to understand new customer opportunities and maintain this information in a database
- Build relationships with key personnel in the buying process
- Proactively present new application opportunities to end-users
- Offer value added services to enhance the selling process
- Generate leads to new business through interactions with end users
- Have a general understanding of the negotiation process including: setting a negotiating agenda, seeking a win-win negotiation, and agreeing on what is negotiable
- Build adequate channel partner relationships within existing accounts
- Work with various requests from the business units, such as: quotation, bids, collection and supporting the customer focused selling process
- Perform product sampling of equipment or product
- Help in the development of short and long term growth targets that align with existing business plans and strategies for greater territory and account penetration
- Take advantage of new sales opportunities through effective time and territory management
- Provide support in the forecast process and inventory management process
- Develop and implement business plans and programs that increase market coverage. Perform analysis and investigation related to government requirements, competitive products and markets
- Prepare different administrative reports and presentations (oral/written) required for the position
- Provide support to other divisions in the company
- Will be provided company car
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited university
- Three (3) years outside sales experience in the Health Care industry
- Minimum of five (3) or more years of outside sales experience managing a defined sales territory is preferred
- Experience selling medical equipment and supplies to hospitals, Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), Purchasing Coalitions and Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs) is preferred
- Ability to interface within various departments and levels of management within the hospital facility
- Minimum of three (3) years sales experience with product lines within Infection Control, IV Therapy and Disposable Medical Supplies is preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years healthcare sales experience related to disposables, durables and/or medical equipment is preferred
- Experience using Customer Relations Management (CRM) software (i.e. Siebel, Oracle, SAP CRM) is desired
- Experience with Lotus Notes and/or Outlook email software is preferred
: Los Angeles, CASales Territory:
Territory covers Greater Los Angeles AreaTravel:
25% domestic overnight travel is anticipatedRelocation:
Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.