At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Sales Representative for the Electronics Materials Solutions Division - Electronic Assemble Solutions Sales Team. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of field Sales/Account Representative
will be responsible for securing end customer specification position and territory converter sales success for the EAS portfolio of products including - Thermal Management, EMI/EMC Solutions, E-Bonding, Bumpon's, Electronic Tapes and Adhesives, and PSA solutions. The individual will work in partnership with the Converter Markets and Design Support Services field teams for developing and winning business through 3M's converting and distribution channels. The individual is responsible for developing and communication global design specifications to be fulfilled outside the US, work closely with the electronics accounts and the EMSD Technical Services to identify requirements for current products and potential NPI opportunities, maintain a strong opportunity pipeline, achieve design specifications, and close sales globally. They are required to create and manage the sales plan and sales activity using Salesforce.com. The ability to excel as a global team player, prioritize opportunities, communicate across the organization, and manage critical operations in a timely manner is required. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Specify 3M products on engineering drawings & provide support required to fulfill the business domestically or transition business to 3M locations throughout the world.
- Supports 3M product development with 3M labs to meet OEM application requirements
- Develop & drive EMSD sales through converting and distribution channels domestically
- Knowledge of electronics industry, product portfolio, & electronic assembly accounts
- Ability to manage complex situations & prioritize sales opportunity
- Leads documentation in Salesforce.com Database for global communications
- Willingness to be on-call for global coverage
- Bachelor degree or higher from an accredited university
- Five (5) years combined experience in field sales, and/or technical service of high tech electrical, electronic, and/or electro-mechanical product lines serving OEM's in the electronic, medical, test & measurement, computing, mil/aero and/or mobile handheld markets
- Bachelor degree or higher in Chemistry, Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Advanced degree in Sciences is preferred
- Strong communications and organizational skills
- Ability to obtain results working with a Team in a matrix organization
- Experience working in a specification based industry
- Experience working in a Global Business
- Experience working with converters and material distributors
- Ability to work as a team member in a matrix organization
: Chicago, IL or Dallas, TXSales Territory:
Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia.Travel:
May include up to 70% [domestic]Relocation:
Is not authorized
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.