At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Sales Representative for the Precision Grinding & Finishing Business with the Abrasive Systems Division, located in Massachusetts or Connecticut. At 3M, you can apply your talents in bold ways that matter. Here, you go. Job Summary
The Abrasive Systems Division is a leading global supplier of surface modification solutions with great opportunities for growth. The person hired for the position will lead a US PG&F sales geography to deliver sales results above plan. The person will consult with the PG&F North America National Sales Manager to set medium to long-term strategic direction and sales plans for this complex product line. The ideal candidate will develop sales strategies and create solutions for complex and multi-faceted customers. Additionally, collaboration with the Technical Sales Specialists to drive customer project completion and sales growth will be a key priority. The ideal candidate will provide input to the cross-functional team, relevant to process improvements and operational strategies to support the overall growth strategy. Furthermore, implementing sales standards and defining guidelines for assigned customers/area(s)/product line(s), along with planning, organizing, and directing all sales activities within the assigned coverage area will be vital.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads PG&F sales efforts within the PG&F portfolio to exceed sales growth and assigned forecast within assigned key accounts and geography.
- Implements and drives business plan, aligned to the PG&F strategic plan to ensure rapid market penetration of new products and technologies.
- Determines customer priorities and call patterns to most effectively identify key stakeholders and customer champions to drive sales growth.
- Supports medium to long-term strategic sales direction for the PG&F product line.
- Ensures customer satisfaction.
- Interprets industry trends, customer requirements, and business objectives to most effectively support the cross functional PG&F Team and the sales organization.
- Acts as a liaison with the Technical Sales team, Technical Service, and customer to facilitate project and opportunity completion.
- Initiates and lead projects to continuously improve efficiency and competitiveness of customers.
- Lead cross functional team priorities aligned with the key growth opportunities and projects within your assigned coverage area to drive supply chain effectiveness and manufacturing efficiencies.
- Develop and execute customer project plans to drive growth.
- Manage new account opportunities, negotiate pricing, and implement customer inventory programs.
- Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards, complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with 3M's values and ethical standards.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) years of industrial products selling experience
- A c urrent, valid Drivers license
- Effective oral, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) software and Salesforce.com
- Lean Six Sigma experience
- Experience in the Bonded and Superabrasives business
- Strong team & project leadership skills
- Leads with high energy, confidence, and passion
- Well organized self-starter who can effectively work in a fast paced environment; and work through and manage change/ambiguity, with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Results oriented with strong process, analytical, and execution skills
Sales Territory: Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island
Travel: May include up to 60% domestic travel
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.