**Requisition ID:** 27229BR
**Job Title:** Sales Representative - Commercial/Industrial
**Division:** 4800: AWS - Atlanta
**Location:** 13201: Atlanta-3045 Donald Lee Holow
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Exempt
Within an assigned geographic market, a Sales Representative is responsible for identifying leads, proactively prospecting and selling new, profitable commercial, industrial and recycling services to customers. The Sales Representative meets regularly with prospective new clients in his or her assigned market area to deliver sales presentations, follow up with key decision makers and sell all services, including total waste stream management solutions, as appropriate.
• Identify viable leads, manage prospects and acquire new, profitable commercial, industrial and recycling business to meet and exceed monthly established targeted revenue goals.
• Utilize the Company’s Contact Relationship Management (“CRM”) tool on a daily basis, schedule and document all activities, and develop robust information profiles on prospective customers to facilitate acquisition of new customers.
• Prepare and deliver sales presentations to prospective new clients; follow up with key customer decision makers and to close all sales.
• Complete consistently scheduled phone blocks and cold call prospecting activities to establish initial and follow-up appointments with customer decision-makers.
• Develop and maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends in designated market to anticipate changing customer needs.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business, pricing structures and offer additional services to existing and potential commercial, industrial and recycling clients, including total waste stream management solutions, as appropriate, to grow targeted profitable revenue and contribute to Company goals and objectives.
• Complete required Customer Service Agreements, CRM entries, reports and other paperwork in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy.
• Build relationships and increase Company visibility through participation in Company-sponsored activities as required; attend trade shows, chamber of commerce events and other events, as necessary. Act as a company representative at community events, where required.
• Perform other job-related duties, as required.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s Degree is desirable.
• Two years of direct selling experience.
• High School diploma or GED.
• One year experience in a customer-facing role that includes identifying and addressing customer needs.
• Valid driver’s license.
**Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:**
• Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays a high level of self-esteem.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner.
• Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
• Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas.
• Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook.
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
• Excellent self-motivation skills; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive and has a strong desire to win; takes appropriate risks.
• Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
• Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
• Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.