At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Sales Representative for the Critical & Chronic Care Solutions Division located in North Carolina - Remote Based. At 3M, you can apply your talents in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Sales Representative/Account Representative for the Critical & Chronic Care Division (C3SD) will cover a sales territory based in the Charlotte, NC or surrounding area to call on acute care hospitals in the Piedmont area of NC and Tri-Cities TN. The sales representative must live within the territory. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This person will sell the complete Skin Care, Wound Care, Curos, Medical Tapes and Vascular Access product portfolio, leverage current contract positions within designated Hospitals, and will be responsible for but not limited to the following specific duties:
- Understand sales goals and provide support on developing sales tactics and coordinate efforts in order to fulfill assigned objectives.
- Conduct personal research with customers to better understand their needs. Work with 3M internal Marketing and Technical Service to understand new customer opportunities and maintain this information in a database.
- Build relationships with key personnel in the buying process. Proactively present new application opportunities to end-users. Offer value added services to enhance the selling process. Generate leads for new business through interactions with end users.
- Have a general understanding of the negotiation process including: setting a negotiating agenda, seeking a win-win negotiation, and agreeing on what is negotiable. Build adequate channel partner relationships within existing accounts.
- Work with various requests from the business units, such as: quotations, bids and other activities to support the customer focused selling process. Perform product sampling of equipment or product. Be an effective team player.
- Help in the development of short and long term growth targets that align with existing business plans and strategies for greater territory and account penetration.
- Take advantage of new sales opportunities through effective time and territory management. Provide support in the sales forecast process and inventory management process.
- Develop and implement own business plans and programs that increase market coverage. Perform analysis and investigation about product and markets (3M-competitors). Strong business acumen required to effectively manage large IDNs.
- Prepare different administrative reports and presentations (oral/written) required for the position. Provide support to other divisions in the company as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of healthcare sales experience
- Experience in the acute care setting
- Direct experience within Medical Device or Disposable Sales is highly desired
- Understanding of national contracts negotiation and/or distribution management
- Experience with US health care market, understanding of Medicare reimbursements
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of product lines, customer segments and their needs, internal functional needs, and competitive products, prices and policies within the acute care setting
- Computer capabilities including basic PC software, specialized sales software and on-line sales support systems. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Problem solving skills
- Verbal and written communication skills to include strong oral presentation skills
- Strategic skills to manage and close key opportunities in large, complex IDNs
- Negotiation Skills
- Professional demeanor and the ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Location: North Carolina - Remote Based
Sales Territory: Charlotte, NC, Piedmont Area of North Carolina and Tri-Cities, TN
Travel: May include up to 50% domestic/international
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.